Author Topic: Detroit Dearborn Warren Royal Oak Michigan Area?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Kingy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Detroit Dearborn Warren Royal Oak Michigan Area?
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
Looking for Spacemaster or Role Master campaign(s) in the southeast Michigan area on weekends. Willing to drive farther for a campaign but, there is a limit for me which is largely a function of how awesome the campaign is, gas prices and my schedule. Any suggestions?

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
Re: Detroit Dearborn Warren Royal Oak Michigan Area?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
You may want to take a look at the Milan MI or Clinton MI threads, as those are kind of the Ann Arbor area.  The one guy had been to a couple of the games in Flint (but I think we were playing something else at that time), but due to the distance and semi-irregular schedule that we used stopped coming.

There are also other RM/SM fans around the state.  We had a group that used to meet in Flint (with people coming in from Midland, Port Huron, Dearborn, and other Detroit areas).  However the guy who hosted those games at his condo passed away last year (one of the best GM's I've ever gamed with, but he preferred HERO, Amber, Firefly or the modified version of FUDGE (can't recall what it's called now) that some people use), so it has been more than a year since we all got together there.  With only one other member living in the Flint area, not sure if he will be able to host though due to lack of time, so not sure if that group will ever get back together for gaming.   

I'm the guy from Midland, and I now run a play-test session for RMU in Saginaw.  There has been enough interest in it that if time permits I might start to run a second group as there have been a fair number of people asking if we had room for additional players.  But the first group is about at its limit on size with 6 regular players.  Not sure if that is too far for you to travel and the sessions usually only run for 4-6 hours due to other commitments by some of the players. 

There is also a group over near the Holland/Grand Rapids area, but that is even further away for you than up here in Saginaw. 
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)