Author Topic: HARP Fantasy now available with time-limited discount  (Read 10927 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
HARP Fantasy now available with time-limited discount
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:16:21 AM »
Quoting directly from the August Briefing:

HARP Fantasy is back!

Join the new road to high adventure with HARP Fantasy. Enhanced, remastered, HARP Fantasy has drawn upon years of actual game play experience, fan feedback, and logical reasoning to improve the rules from the original 2003 and 2004 editions without compromising their playability.

Here’s your checklist of rules changes:

• The Professions have been rebalanced in terms of their professional abilities
  • Flat 50 Development Points is the default for calculating Development Points
  • Races have been better balanced in terms of stat bonuses, some racial abilities have been revised, and Humans now get Skill Flexibility (the ability to make a single skill in a NonFavored category Favored)
  • Blood Talents have been rebalanced in terms of Development Point cost
  • The Mandatory Subskills rule has been incorporated from HARP SF
  • Four new Influence skills have been added from HARP SF
  • New talents have been added from HARP SF and Development Point costs of existing Talents have been properly balanced
  • The use of Spell Adders and Power Point Adders has been clarified
  • Clarifications and improvements have been made to the rules for Light & Vision, Fighting Blind, Asphyxiation and Holding Breath, Drowning and Stat Loss
  • Life Points have been removed and the Stun rules made consistent with HARP SF
  • All of the spells have had their base costs and scaling options made consistent with the revised spell creation system (to be published in the enhanced College of Magics) and descriptions have been clarified in specific cases
  • Herb and poison prices have been rationalized
  • A new monster creation system has been used to rework the monster collection with some monsters being replaced with new creatures
  • Several magic items have had their effects adjusted
  • The guidance on customizing clerics and magic users has been revised to better fit with the rules given in the enhanced College of Magics and future envisaged sourcebooks.
  • The Language Table and associated rules have been made consistent with HARP SF
  • The “Non-Adventuring Professions” have been removed – these will return in in a future sourcebook in a form suitable for PCs

We have also improved the interior artwork, replacing virtually every filler piece with meaningful illustrations. You’ll love the new art.

Here's the link to the RPGNow page but read the rest of this Briefing first! -
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/104176/High-Adventure-Role-Playing-Fantasy

The proper price for the HARP Fantasy pdf is 20 US dollars. However, as we promised in previous Briefings, we are making a special time-limited offer for any ICE fan who would like to buy the new HARP Fantasy pdf. Use the following link to buy the HARP Fantasy pdf for a mere 5 (yes, FIVE) dollars
http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?discount=91524
(if you prefer www.drivethrurpg.com/index.php?discount=91524 and so on for all the other OBS affiliates. You may need to directly put in the discount code 91524 at the checkout screen.)

This is a time-limited offer and will END on 15th September. Do not procrastinate, do not dither, just take advantage of it.

The pdf version is already available. Softcover and hardcover versions will become available as soon as OneBookShelf approves the print files.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Frank von Tanelorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP Fantasy now available with time-limited discount
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »
HARP Fantasy is back!

:wave:

Thank you!

Perfect timing!  8)

Best regards from Germany

Offline Frank von Tanelorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »
Once more... ;)

If I use the search function in drivethru oder rpgnow and type "HARP",
Then the HARP Fantasy is not shown.
HARP SF and HARP SF extreme is listed, but not HARP Fantasy.
If I type "harp" and select the "HARP (system)" suggestion, then I am directed to a list which contains HARP fantasy.
But the search with keyword "harp" only fails, which is a pitty...

May be drivethru has forgotten to set this keyword...

Best regards

Frank

PS: have mercy with my english... ;)

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:38 PM »
Got it.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
Well I bought the pdf straight away this morning. Really like the clean layout and the new art. The new minor changes in the system are also very nice. Really looking forward to the new Martial Law and the new monster creation system.

Now I just have to decide if the changes in HARP Fantasy warrants buying a new print book once that becomes available again. Guess it all comes down to my budget at the time since I already have a long list of ICE stuff to buy.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:12:52 AM »
Well I bought the pdf straight away this morning. Really like the clean layout and the new art. The new minor changes in the system are also very nice. Really looking forward to the new Martial Law and the new monster creation system.

Glad to hear that you like it.

Now I just have to decide if the changes in HARP Fantasy warrants buying a new print book once that becomes available again. Guess it all comes down to my budget at the time since I already have a long list of ICE stuff to buy.

A key benefit of print-on-demand is that HARP Fantasy will never go out of print on you. So you can choose to buy when your budget permits.

OBS/LS has indicated that both the softcover and hardcover versions of HARP Fantasy made it through all their checks, so proof copies have now been ordered and will hopefully be with me in a week or so. Assuming there has been no glitch, I should be able to make the print versions available in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline talsharien

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:28 AM »
Excellent news, great book btw, really cleaned things up.

Offline Cyanide Baby

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »
Got the book. Can't wait to start reading it. Will get the hardcover as soon as it's available: I have to say, as much as I enjoy the practicality of PDFs, nothing beats having a real book in one's hands.

Thanks very much for your time and efforts with this.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »
Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've used RPGNow I've forgotten my password and for some reason it wasn't on my list of usernames and passwords. I may have even forgotten which e-mail address I used with it. :(

EDIT: Looks like somehow I forgot the domain name when I clicked the "forgot your password" link the first time. Silly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:05:35 AM by Zhaleskra, Reason: Purchasing issue resolved. »
#LotorAllura2024

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
PLEASE!  TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!! TAKE IT!

:laugh1:
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
I bought it yesterday. The rules tweaks are great and I like some of the new art.

I'm not all that big on the lack of borders and other artistic bits that made the book look unique. It has a bit more of a generic feel to it now, IMO.
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
Got it. Skimmed through it. Rated it.

There is something "new" about it, even though the changes doesn't seem to be too big.

Now I'm looking forward to the next re-done books, then the print versions.. and then the new stuff! I see a hint of a divine sourcebook, which I'm looking forward to. Hoping it opens for non-conventional way of treating religious cults... and such stuff :D the current system is good, but conventional rpg methods for treating pantheons, gods and the cosmos does not work well with the homebrewed setting I'm using.

Great job Nicholas +Team!
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
Ouch, I didn't know this limited time discount and already bought that PDF with normal $20 :o

But still, feeling good to think it as supporting GCP's efforts to revive ICE products ;)

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
Ouch, I didn't know this limited time discount and already bought that PDF with normal $20 :o

But still, feeling good to think it as supporting GCP's efforts to revive ICE products ;)

Indeed it is and thank you for your support.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
Got it. :wave:
www.clubbulls.com

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
Posted the notice on my website, and picked up the pdf.  ;D
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline jd.

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
Keen! Thank you for the good news!

Two questions:
1) What will be the price of thePoD hardcover?

2) Given the short majority in favour of buying it at FLGSs, are there any plans at the moment to publish it that way?

(Also, that's just after I opened my birthday present from my beloved wife and found the Essentials CD. I'm doubly happy now.)

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »
2) Given the short majority in favour of buying it at FLGSs, are there any plans at the moment to publish it that way?

What's FLGS? (excuse my ignorance).

PS - I also have the new HARP Fantasy book. ;)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:20 AM »
Keen! Thank you for the good news!

Two questions:
1) What will be the price of thePoD hardcover?

The PoD softcover would be $26.65, the PoD hardcover would be $31.35 USD.

Depends on how well HARP Fantasy sells in pdf in the first few months of its release.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline kreider204

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »
What's FLGS? (excuse my ignorance).

Friendly Local Game Store.  :)