Author Topic: Spacemaster Imperium OCR and Text Recovery  (Read 35516 times)

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Spacemaster Imperium OCR and Text Recovery
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »
I have some stuff that we can add from various sources (Grey Worlds, for example) That I can send, what email addy would you like them sent to?

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:39 AM »
I'm curious about what people would most like to see in a new Space Master 3rd Edition, and how it would be divided up.

For starters, someone could comb through all the previously published Space Master 1st and 2nd Ed modules and do a kind of sourcebook encyclopedia of the Empire, with most of the Major Houses, many of the minor ones, and the important organizations, like the Dia Khovaria, MERLOGH, the League of Merchants...

Then an expanded Tech Law, where we update the Imperial tech from the old edition. However, Space Master Tech was always a little retro in some ways (though maybe not as clunky as computer-paranoid DUNE) because tech advances were controlled by a few corporations.

Thoughts?
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 03:07:28 AM »
A Sourcebook would indeed be fabulous, along with some tech book(s).
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
For starters, someone could comb through all the previously published Space Master 1st and 2nd Ed modules and do a kind of sourcebook encyclopedia of the Empire, with most of the Major Houses, many of the minor ones, and the important organizations, like the Dia Khovaria, MERLOGH, the League of Merchants...

I might have that already done... on paper...I made some cards with this kind of information some 20ish years ago, I definitely have the Houses on cards, not sure about the organizations though.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Takeyabue

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 08:36:28 PM »
I would appreciate more detail on fewer topics instead of a couple of paragraphs on many more topics. 10 to 15 pages of hard information on one house or clan with some details that I could extrapolate from instead of a three or four paragraphs of fluff on a multitude of topics. My players love power politics, economic intrigue, and undercover operations. Firefights are a sign something went wrong rather than a desired outcome.

Takeyabue

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 02:19:29 AM »

I might have that already done... on paper...I made some cards with this kind of information some 20ish years ago, I definitely have the Houses on cards, not sure about the organizations though.

I definitely have all the major houses ( name and a few other things ) and what I suspect is also all the minor houses from all the SM modules on cards.

I've scanned the cards, if you want them tell me.
I'll look for the organizations.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »

I definitely have all the major houses ( name and a few other things ) and what I suspect is also all the minor houses from all the SM modules on cards.

I've scanned the cards, if you want them tell me.
I'll look for the organizations.

This background info would definitely be useful, as a handy reference if nothing else. Not sure what you mean by 'cards...'
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:41 AM »
This background info would definitely be useful, as a handy reference if nothing else. Not sure what you mean by 'cards...'

Cards... like that :
( that's more or less the real size )

There's not much on them since they were intended for my players... but most of the time there's not much more information in the books.

Is your old terbob address still working ? I'll send the complete pdf there.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 02:52:18 AM »

Cards... like that :
( that's more or less the real size )

There's not much on them since they were intended for my players... but most of the time there's not much more information in the books.

Is your old terbob address still working ? I'll send the complete pdf there.

I don't use the old AOL address, but I have terbob also at mac.com and gmail.com. I check gmail several times a day, that is the best way to reach me.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:47 AM »
See this thread for the definitive todo list - http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=15083

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline smegforbrain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
I have all of the attack tables and crit tables in excel.  Think you have this covered now but they are there if you need them.  I also have some of the Star Strike Crit ones done as well.
Stuart

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 05:34:56 AM »
There is an expanded list of "all the houses" in imperial space in the First edition Silent Death Night Brood Supplement.  Also what email should I send stuff to?  I have a few of the Grey Worlds articles I can add, and also, as long as we are on it, I would love to see the Dark Space stuff integrated on the frontier somewhere.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »
 I would contact Colin, Thom, Nicholas or Terry by PM with your offer if you have not already.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »
One thing I would like to see for a new space master is a less complicated method for building ships than having to get out a scientific calculator to factor mass, size and armor. and so forth.

Perhaps creating a chart or some what to take the work out of it for people.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline IanRLiddle

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Applied Vectors
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
I can help with this if required. I have Acrobat for text recognition and some spare time.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
Less complicated ship building?  I am yet to meet a player who saw a ship built in Star Strike that didn't say "Can I build the next ship???"  Also, there is an Exel program that does most of the work for you....

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »
Less complicated ship building?  I am yet to meet a player who saw a ship built in Star Strike that didn't say "Can I build the next ship???"  Also, there is an Exel program that does most of the work for you....

It was me.  I was the one who spent hours and hours in 4th-7th grade designing ships and trying to optimize them.  The system was complex enough to seem interesting, but I quickly nailed down the optimal builds from a cost perspective:

• Lasers or MLA Cannon with +15 HUD, always in turrets
  • CAT 24/26
  • +25 armor belt
  • 11 units of EW, giving you a +52 DB
  • Payload pallets for another +52 DB of EW Pods, letting you cloak (total of +104DB from EW)
  • At least 15 MTs, giving you +70 DB from Evade, and only letting small weapons track you.
  • Payload pallets with lots of Mk.6 torpedoes.