Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures  (Read 89361 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2017, 05:24:07 AM »
I really appreciate the amount of time and energy you have spent patiently helping me figure out ERA. Your the best and I appreciate all the hard work you have, and continue to put into ERA.
Remember that you can also rate the products at RPGNow, and even write a review there  ;)

I am trying to access the character status from my phone while I have an adventure running. I type in the address at the top but it will not load on my phone's chrome browser or connect on my laptop. Just says site unreachable. I can get a window to open in a separate tab of my web browser. My players play remotely and I want them to be able to see their character status.
If the server computer can access it, and other computers on the same WiFi network can't, it might be related to your operating system firewall. On a different matter, for players to access the server remotely over Internet, you will need to open the server port on your computer and your players will need to enter your public IP address.

If that was too technical, send an e-mail to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net, so that we can help reviewing your specific situation.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2017, 08:54:09 AM »
So... the creatures packages are out!

When you update your ERA installation, you will now get improved notifications regarding outdated packages.
This should make it easier to just install over your previous installation, check what is marked as out of date, re-download and re-install.

Also, on the feature side of things, you get a creature name filter when adding a creature as an NPC. This is specially useful considering you will have hundreds of them!
Some minimum information about the chosen creature will also be shown in the selection dialog.

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »
Hi,
I've the lastest version of ERA with several add-ons : RMC_Character-Law, RMC_Arms-Law, RMC_Spell-Law, RMC_Shadow-World, RMC_Creatures and RMC_Companion_I.
Creatures and Companion are the newests on my computer.
There is an order to install the purchased books for ERA ? Now I've this box at every starting of the server.  ???

For this issue, I've sent already a report.

And I can't customize the ruleset of ERA, after any change I see that.

I know, it's not the first time I call for your help Voriig but please I'm lost  :'(

ERA user for RM2 and RMC.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2017, 07:59:19 AM »
Don't worry. We'll try first to get you a working server.

Please, try to do a fresh install of the latest version of ERA in a different directory.
Then install one by one the latest version of the packages you purchased.
That should get you a working installation.

If it works, we can then focus on what is causing the issue in your previous installation.

Let me know (or remind me if I already asked you) your current Operating System, and version, and also the Internet Browser you are using.

Also, please check if you have a file named "ERA/Server/ERA-Support.log" and send it to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »
Okay,
I've not checked the last version (march 2017) of ERA before, but on my new install the server returns me the same message without install any module. So I've the issue with vanilla ERA .
My OS is Windows 8.1 with firefox 52.0.2.

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2017, 03:51:44 AM »
Thanks for your help. Now ERA us working [emoji1]

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW 4G en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »
Updated the new updates and Server keeps timing out and during character creation I am getting Errors

SystemConfigurationFailed: XMLCharacterParser class reports: while reading C:\Users\User\Desktop\ERA\ERA\RMFRP\Characters\Bornamar - Lvl 0 (Preadolescent).char.XML Unterminated elements: <character>, <culture> (line 9) (column 13)
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
@tbigness, please send me a mail to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net containing:
- The character file mentioned in the message (C:\Users\User\Desktop\ERA\ERA\RMFRP\Characters\Bornamar - Lvl 0 (Preadolescent).char.XML)
- If it exists, the log file "...\ERA\Server\ERA-Support.log"
- A mention of the Operating System and version you are using
- A mention of the Internet Browser and version you are using
- If possible, a screenshot of your browser with the error message visible on it

Also, it would be useful to know:
- Can you load a character created in a previous version?
- Can you load the sample characters provided in the base product?

Regarding the issues mentioned by @silarkhar, I can confirm that it was related to (1) the Windows username containing non-standard characters, and also (2) a bug in the latest version when trying to save custom house rules.
Both issues have been corrected and will no longer happen in the next version.

Offline Bud

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
Voriig, thanks for this resource, I have downloaded it and am looking forward to using it.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
As Nicholas just announced, ERA has been updated. The changes to the product are:
  • Fixed the custom ruleset (house rules) dialog, you can now save your changes!
  • We changed the creatures and the attack tables offered, so that the base product includes a working example, with a normal sized biting wolf and a huge biting Tyrannosaurus .
  • Added the "large party" mode. Due to the final adventure in my three year long campaign in Southeast Emer, there was dire need for a more compressed interface. So, when the heroes or the enemies in the adventure exceed 10, ERA will adjust the placement of the "chips" to make room for more. I can happily inform that we have been playing sessions with hours of combat with about 15 members of each party, and it went smooth.

All packages sold at RPGNow have also been updated. The effects of the update are:
  • RMFRP Flaws have been added. This applies to Character Law, Channeling Companion and Mentalism Companion.
  • A lot of typos corrected.
  • Many packages should be smaller, since a different format is being used to generate them.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues in this new version.
Remember that some time ago tutorial videos were uploaded to YouTube for the Character Sheet module. Let me know here or in the video comments if they are useful or what should be added to them. My next batch should be tutorial videos for the Adventuring Module.
Also, for any specific comment on the different packages, you can use this forum (in this thread or opening a specific one) and also the rating/comment feature on RPGNow.

Offline allanon74

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2017, 03:18:30 AM »
a quick question... how can i update the packages? i don't find anymore the auto-update cmd file (UpdateERA.cmd), I installed ERA at 01 June... how can i quick update the packages?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »
a quick question... how can i update the packages? i don't find anymore the auto-update cmd file (UpdateERA.cmd), I installed ERA at 01 June... how can i quick update the packages?

To update ERA you just download the new base package and install it on top of the old one.

For the book packages, you should download the new .zip files, start the ERA server after installing the new base package, go to the about dialog, and use the update option there for each book package.

This will sometimes leave unnecessary files, but they cause no harm. You could delete your old installation and make a fresh one, but this would only make sense if you still haven't created any characters, didn't customize the configuration files, and never saved an adventure.

The UpdateERA.cmd was only meant to update from a really old version that did not include RMFRP, so don't worry about it missing.

Let me know if the instructions require more detail. I guess there should be a Tutorial Video for version updating. I will add it to my To Do.

Offline allanon74

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »
Thanks, understood! :D

Offline allanon74

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:28 AM »
Hi Voriig, another problem... if i add the default equipment in a character, i customize the locations of the items and then i save, the character don't work anymore....
The message is "XMLCharacterparser class reports: while reading <full path of the character file> XMLElementCollectorParser>>for:

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2017, 07:07:37 AM »
The message is "XMLCharacterparser class reports: while reading <full path of the character file> XMLElementCollectorParser>>for:
Owwww  :-\ I was able to reproduce the issue you mention. So, I can confirm that the current version won't load characters with items in their personal inventory. I'll make sure to correct this for the next release.

In the meantime, if you need to restore a working version of the character file, you can send it to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net and we'll send a fixed file (without the inventory items).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for reporting this!  ???

Offline allanon74

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
Thanks, I'll wait for the bug fix. In the meantime I deleted manually the xml voices in inventory section and it worked.

Anyway, great work. A little bug can happen sometime. ;)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2018, 08:01:41 AM »
I wanted to let you know that yesterday a new version of ERA was uploaded to RPGNow.

The most important change is the Treasure Module. You can create your own random item tables, or install the RMC and RMFRP Treasures.

Fixes include better support for international symbols like öç and also the correct rank bonus progression for armor skills in RMC.

Also, a lot of improvement was done for the spellbook. This means that during character creation you can click on any of the spell lists for the profession to get the complete detail of parameters and description.
During the adventure, you can go to the Character Status using your smartphone/tablet, go to the spells section and click on the spellbook icon. The spellbook will present all of the spells known to the character, grouped by spell list (in a format that is supposed to look like pages from Spell Law). It supports swiping from one page to the other and going back to the index.

I'll take this opportunity to remind you that you can rate and write a review for the base product and for any of the packages currently available. That is useful to know which content was most liked, and you can share with other users which features you find more useful.

Happy gaming :D

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
Thanks for the update. And happy new year !

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW 4G en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline pyj99

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
Hello

I can't seem to get the character creation to record the relevant numberswork - the character sheet saves but when viewed displays only zeros in front of each value

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:33 PM »
I can't seem to get the character creation to record the relevant numberswork - the character sheet saves but when viewed displays only zeros in front of each value
If you're referring to the temporary and potential stats chosen during character creation, you must make sure to drag and drop them to the second column as shown at this point of the character creation tutorial.
If you mean something else, please let us know. If you want, you can take some screenshots showing what you describe and send them to the support mail account: era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net