Author Topic: Guild Companion January 2015 (Issue 191)  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
Guild Companion January 2015 (Issue 191)
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
Greetings from the Guild Companion; Issue 191 is available at www.guildcompanion.com. This month, we present Dru, a seer in the style of Heroes and Rogues. The redefinition of Arcane magic in RMU continues with Arcane Beasts, Roads, and Shadows.

Peter Mork
Guild Companion Editor

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Guild Companion January 2015 (Issue 191)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:02:50 AM »
On the Arcane Spell lists what is up with the X: name line below each list in the box? Is that supposed to be just the name of the list repeated before the description of the spells?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:09:38 AM »
Also are not Dru's PP's a little low? I have not played RM2/C in quite a while but 2 PP at first level with a PR of 97 seems very low to me.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
On the Arcane Spell lists what is up with the X: name line below each list in the box? Is that supposed to be just the name of the list repeated before the description of the spells?

Looks to me like a bit of template that was accidentally not erased. I do something similar myself, copying lines of the template and typing over them rather than reformatting each line individually. As I am submitting the lists as Word documents, someone else is reformatting them for HTML and may have left that template line.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 04:11:14 AM »

Looks to me like a bit of template that was accidentally not erased. I do something similar myself, copying lines of the template and typing over them rather than reformatting each line individually. As I am submitting the lists as Word documents, someone else is reformatting them for HTML and may have left that template line.

Exactly correct. Thanks to markc for catching this and jdale for the explanation. Should be corrected fairly soon.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:54:36 AM »
Regarding the power points the character has spent her entire life almost living in a small village in a rural setting. She has had little or no real opportunity to find or otherwise acquire any kind of spell adder or multiplier. You could always give her one if you wanted to boost the power point total.

In the description I do say that she has a set of Seer spell books from which she has learned her craft. You could easily add a bonus spell item into her few possessions without breaking the character or her background.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »

You could give her the Druid Staff list from ROCO I ... That would at least give her the chance to create an adder.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:46:42 AM »
I suppose it depends on how you see Seers. If you want them just to be the Google of your fantasy world then yes she will need more power points.

Because she only 'speaks' directly mind to mind and only in questions, as per the spell description, then if she is consulted then one of the party will probably be asked "Can you come back tomorrow?" or "Will you tell your friends I need more time?" or such.

She then has as much time as required to glean the answers. If she could be convinced to travel with a party for an adventure then the party will have to accommodate her ways or it may be necessary for a paty member to lend her a bonus spell item which of course is then not available to the party while she is attuned to it.

he original inspiration for the characters demeanor was that of Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and River Tamm from Firefly but without the psychotic elements and definitely on the side of the innocent and with a child like sense of 'good' and 'fair'.

She was never intended to give a PC party the ability to 'Dru-gle' every question or challenge they are set.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 06:15:58 AM »
Thanks all, this error has been fixed.