Author Topic: Sci-Fi vehicle designs.... What is important for a good article.  (Read 1840 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Sci-Fi vehicle designs.... What is important for a good article.
« on: February 07, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
Hey all,

I've submitted a couple of articles to TGC so far with vehicle designs for Harp Sci-Fi.  I've found that I kind of enjoy these articles and would like to do some more, but I don't know where I should concentrate my work.  So I figured I would ask here, what are the most important aspects of a good vehicle design.

What I've found is that in the same time and effort it takes me to create a design and description I can create a short piece of flavor text, or half of a longer piece of flavor text.  I've also found that a deckplan for a vehicle takes me about as long as four designs and descriptions.  So should I concentrate on more designs or more flavor and deckplans?  Are deckplans worth the effort?  Is the flavor text of any value?

My Hasst family raider ship article:  http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2014/dec/hasstfamily.html
would be an example of some designs with what I consider design and description plus a brief bit of flavor text.

I have a submitted article with what I would consider design and description plus longer flavor text and a deckplan.  Hopefully it will make the grade and see the light of cyberspace soon.

I would love to hear any feedback on this to help me decide how to format any future articles like these.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Sci-Fi vehicle designs.... What is important for a good article.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:36:32 AM »
  What I would do is do a write up of the vehicles you want to present and then ask if people would like deck plans for them or ask at a later time pick X of Y and I will try and do deck plans for them.
  I personally like deck plans myself with them but I do understand the time constraints this can put upon a person. Also maybe if you save them up and do a bunch at a time it can increase your production/creation time.
Thanks for the write ups.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.