Author Topic: Architect Stuff  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Architect Stuff
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
So I've had Architect for a while and I've finally found some time to have a decent look at it.
Youtube tutorials are quite helpful by the way.
Me being me, I've decided to start adding some of the Cyradon stuff.
I start with Cultures, I don't know why, I just did.

So the first thing I noticed is that the Appraisal skill is in the list as 'Appraisalst'

Is there a way to change it? 

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: Architect Stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »
This should be changeable through Architect. Have you tried making the change through that application? If not you can always open the XML file where this misspelling is located and make the change manually. I have actually found the misspelling and just did with XML. The xml file in question is SkillsFromHarpFantasy.xml. Thanks for pointing that one out. :D

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
Thanks for that, should of thought of the edit myself.

The next thing I've come up against is about spells.
I'm trying to add the alternate Spheres from Cyradon.
I go to the spell section and a the name of a Sphere, simple.  After that I don't get a list of spells to select from.
To be clear I am creating all of this is a separate book (Cyradondata).  The example on youtube is adding to an existing book.

There is probably something simple I'm missing.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:25:37 PM »
You are most likely missing the spells. I'm not sure if I covered this in the tutorials. If I didn't I should. The best flow for creating a database with architect is the following

Start with tables that have no dependencies: talents, statistics, Herbs, encounters, etc.
Next make sure any table with dependencies, you complete the depended tables first. For with Spells, make sure you have spells defined. I don't have this particular program in front of me now, but I believe when it comes to the spells tab, complete your spells first. Then create spheres and add your spells to the spheres.

Hope that helps.