Author Topic: Adventure Seeds in Print Books  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Adventure Seeds in Print Books
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:39:59 AM »
Essential, I had a customer say he'd like the adventure seeds to be printed in the print books.  For instance I could put 1a and 1b in The Last Free City.  What do you think?  Good idea or wasted pages?
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Adventure Seeds in Print Books
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:07:49 AM »
 I think it is a great idea to offer them in both formats. That way you can keep trafic comming to your site and cheking out the seeds and any other stuff you decide to put up there. Also when a product comes out they can look at the seeds to get an idea what it is about and that might get them to buy it.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:35:10 AM »
Essential, I had a customer say he'd like the adventure seeds to be printed in the print books. 

I think I was the customer.  ;)
Yes, I think it would be great to have everything in a printed form and the seeds are a great help during preparing the campaign. However I also like the separate pdfs, because with them you can prepare them even before the next adventure is released. So, I would second MDC to leave them separated as PDF, but included in the printed books.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »
I wouldn't call them wasted pages since if people are buying the books they might not necessarily have the pdf's.  I also see the merit of having them as separate pdf's as they would show up as new and free products.

Looking at them there is about 5-6 pages of adventure in each one as the first half is background material covered in the main books.  So how much extra in the print price would that additional 6-8 pages be?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Michael Petrea

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »
As mocking bird notes it matters how much extra it will cost you.  If the extra cost of 6-8 pages is a minor matter for you then I would like to see the seeds included.  But, I will be buying the books with or without the added pages.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
I doubt you would see the extra cost.  :)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com