Author Topic: Where have you adventured?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
Where have you adventured?
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
Hi all,

I was wanting to see more posts in this forum, so I thought I'd start this topic...

Where have you (or your players) adventured in Cyradon?
Solely in Belynar?
Used the Adventures 1-3?
Just ideas from the Cyradon Adventure Ideas section? (and if so which adventures?)

I'd like to find out what others have done and where they took the adventures?

(Did you have a secret society of elven necromancers, or twisted druids? semi-intelligent gorger packs?)

I'd LOVE to hear what adventures you did (and to give other GM's more ideas...)
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Where have you adventured?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
Puhhh... I canceled my campaign long time ago. I liked Cyradon, but it was too much work for me to prepare everything - I have 2 children to feed  ;D

However we played approx. 1 year and had a lot of fun. I started with the Meeting in Belynar, then continued with freeing the road through the mountain down to the gates. Then "Hunger Pangs", followed by the arrival of the other races and the ritual. Then "M is for Murder" and "Clean Sweeps". After Sefnar was secured we finally played: "To the Edge and Back".

Next the players decided to help the Dwarves securing a mine but we never started that, because my daughter arrived and after the short break I decided to start with Echoes of Heaven.

The adventures from allenmaher appeared after I already introduced my version of the world (Grayson and others) and they looked and felt totally different. I always wanted to use at least part of them, but they were always too late in the time frame of my own camapign  :(

Offline SamwiseSeven

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Tim
    • Tim's RPG YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 07:35:24 AM »
I've adventured in Belynar, and the island of Cairnus.  Both are ripe for adventures.

Cairnus Island PBP (using HARP)
http://eonsreach.com/gaspforum/index.php?topic=566.0
http://eonsreach.com/gaspforum/index.php?topic=2048.0

Belynar PBP (using D&D 3.5)
http://eonsreach.com/gaspforum/index.php?topic=506.0
http://eonsreach.com/gaspforum/index.php?topic=1969.0
https://www.youtube.com/samwise7rpg

Offline janpmueller

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 02:57:59 AM »
I sent my players to Nabdur (east of Belynar) because there were rumors to be schirae attacks, only that these schirae could really fly... What this meant to people knowing about the schirae, I don't have to explain, so the player group was quickly sent to investigate. Luckily (in a way) it weren't schirae, but harpies, kidnapping young men for dubious and very unsettling reasons.

One of the kidnapped men was not from Nabdur, and didn't speak a local language (I introduced another faction with him, not part of Cyradon canon). Because he had black skin like the Orsai, the players were very cautious with him, but in the end they helped him to find the place where he and his travel mates were attacked. This happened to be very close to the old dwarven outpost Nostin, which they consequently explored.

In Nostin, a naiad had sought shelter after the devastation, living a sorry life in an old well. She had 4 vulakahs around her, to help and protect her, which was a bit of a surprise to the players. They knew vulakahs, and were quite on edge, but these specimen were very peaceful, beckoning the group to follow, which they unwillingly did, only to meet Gwirvi, the naiad. She wished to leave her self-chosen prison, and asked the players to take her to Belynar within the next month.

The following involves background information players shouldn't have, so don't click it if you don't want any spoilers:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:15:57 AM by janpmueller »
"What's in the box?" - "Pain."

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »
Used the adventures found in the vault... and I think they are awesome! But yeah, mostly around Belynar.
However, I may "transplant" the current PC's to some-other-where and then continue the Cyradon adventuring once the new Cyradon/RM arrives!!!!! ;D
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »
Just to keep this thread going.....

Our Group changes GM's, who run an adventure or two before handing back to another GM.
We have adventured:

- Inside Mt Belynar (all previous unexplored parts) - Thanks Thomas!
- To the other side of the Camal Sea and into the desert and back - Thanks Pat!
- To the Rhona Valley and into a Dwarven Mine (& a Goblin Outpost!) - Thanks Chris!
- Around Belynar in a 'Social' Adventure - Thanks Andrew!

And for the record, my Harper is still alive and kicking! (Geez, I hope I havent jinx'ed him!)

--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:52:33 AM »
The DM who is running our RM Cyradon has us exploring Belynar... inside and out!
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 10:25:54 PM »
Our current GM has  added a bit of flavour to belynar.

You fail a will roll and you "live" in Belynar as it was in its Heyday!
(Of course the rest of the group sees you wandering around talking to non-existent people!)
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 06:13:27 AM »
Our current GM has  added a bit of flavour to belynar.

You fail a will roll and you "live" in Belynar as it was in its Heyday!
(Of course the rest of the group sees you wandering around talking to non-existent people!)

Cool!
But what causes these hallucinations? 
www.strategypage.com

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »
RWW, We dont know. we're still doing the adventure.

It is a Will RR, so I think it s residual Cyrad Magic as people have been allowed to explore Belynar...But as I'm playing not GM'ing, its all speculation!

Edit:

The Will RR is a Cascading RR.
Success = you are unaffected
-20 = interact as normal but get occassiaonl "flashbacks" to see the old City. -10 to actions
-40 = exist in both at the same time. interact equally with people in both locatons - everything looks overlayed one on top of the other. actions at -30
greater (what I rolled) =  you only see things in the "other" world. others see you as normal but you do not see them, only things that exist in the old world. (people, places, scenes, items, etc).  Canno tinteract in the normal world.

I got trapped (failure) in the other world and was deciding how things worked (i.e. what happenned). The Female warrior mage got a failure and I, being the knowledgable harper - with half a clue to everything! - decided to help her. I punched her in the mouth. She snapped out of it partially (existed in both worlds). I closed my eyes and said I'm ready. She punched me and I awoke out of it fully(Woot!).
 (is that right pat?)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:10:37 PM by jasonbrisbane »
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer

Offline Yapadekoi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »
Good idea those "visions of the past" may be helpfull to avoid trap or solve problem in the "present".

Hum My group start outside tarahir one week before it fall (  used the article of the guild companion on Anias)

The player weren't aware of the big drama that was going on and the fall of the city surprised them in the middle of another story (who care about those far war we are safe here),
the group had some trouble during the battle for the city.
Then once arrived in belynar we played most of the adventure seed in the vault + an extra where the player help to recover the tear of life that is used in the first estrousal ritual (almost a total wipe of the party there).
Now we are going to play in the reawakened land maybe in some popular ruins in search of a tear ;).
We start earlier in the story line that most of party I guess but it was very fun.

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »
Hi,

Wow, your going after a Tear of Life?
I wonder where THAT could be? Popular Ruins you say???   :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Further, our "visions" adventure finished...

The visions were caused by a powerful mage (narsi) trapped inside a Cyrstal Skull and kept alive by it. He was trapped in a magical area to prevent escape, that was effectively under the devastation area and thus bypassede by it (or the artifact made its RR and thus survived, keeping the Mage trapped....)

Nevertheless the mage, after several hundred, maybe thousands of years, went completely insane...

Due to several other areas, the artifact, and a confluence of areas, the Visions were HIS memories - basically what he remembered of the area. The people walking the area were the people missing from the city of Belynar that we were sent to investigate (sort of... it gets REALLY complicated at this point)....

Apparently my harper was supposed to touch the skull, being the least magical (yeah I know) and stupidist (yeah, again, I know), and the least likely to survive (yeah, I know......)....

But the Paladin, used Long eyes and went through the areas and managed to get into the area with the trappe dinsane mage and the artifact. The long eyes 'touched' the skull and a RR will ensued and failed, resulting in the paladin going into the same area, and physically touching the skull, and fragments of  memories of the narsi mage being absorbed by the paladin when his Skull was "replaced" by the crystal skull...

And, yes the result was painful and explosive but he apparently survived and is now effectively immortal....(permenant Lifekeeping in the skull, although you still have to heal any damage taken - and DOMNT get eaten by anything huge you might remember it!).

After the skull was absorbed, we sorted out the adventures end. The GM had four different stroylines and events all occurring at once and partially criss-crossing, which made for a good and very interesting adventure!

Now I am GM and I am leading our group to those self same Ruins.... But they have to survive getting BACK into Sefnar first! (LOL!)

--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer