Author Topic: Clinton, MI Looking to Start a new game in the New Year  (Read 3072 times)

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Clinton, MI Looking to Start a new game in the New Year
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
I find myself currently gameless and would like to start Either a HARP or RMU (Beta) game after the 1st of the year.
Day of the week and Time would depend somewhat on potential player availability.  Thinking Friday evening, sometime on Saturday, or possibly sometime Sunday afternoon or evening.
Frequency would most likely be twice a month.  If interested let me know.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Clinton, MI Looking to Start a new game in the New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »
Are you looking for players to physically meet in one place or by virtual tabletop action?

(Spoiler Alert - I'm interested) ;)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »
I was thinking of in person.  Though I might be willing to play in a virtual setting, I'm definitely not ready to try running in a virtual setting yet.  Did run a play-by-post once but it didn't work out too well.
Also it is harder to blow off a face-to-face game so as a GM I'm more likely to put in the time and work the players should expect and deserve.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »
I wish you luck on your search for players in that case. :)

(Spoiler Alert - If I were closer, I'd still be interested) ;D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
I live in Milan, which isn't all that far from Clinton. While there are no HARP or RMU games that I know of at this moment, there are people in the GURPS group I'm part of who want to play something else when the campaign wraps up. One of them being the GURPS GM.

To make things easier for the majority of players, we alternate between meeting at a restaurant in Milan or a church in Ypsilanti. 3 of us live in Milan, the other 4 live in Ann Arbor/Ypsi. We are going to take a holiday break after our meeting this Sunday.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
Sorry for the second post as it's been too long to modify the first one. Looks like I misinterpreted the original post.

Anyway, I would be up for a different game by 2nd quarter 2013, which is around when the GURPS campaign should end. The GURPS GM wants to stay within the same system if someone else wants to GM. While I've had fun with the campaign, I really don't want to be locked into a single system.

Currently, alternating Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday any time works best for me.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:25 AM »
Depending on my personal schedule to have time to get things ready it might take until the 2nd quarter of 2013, although ideally I would like to go 1st quarter.  Also depends on how many potential players I can dig up.

Hmm not a bad idea, just need a Necromancer to dig up some players and reanimate them.  ;D

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:13:05 AM »
There are RM fans around the state.  I know that there are a few in the Lansing area (but have lost touch with them), as well as some in the Detroit area (but again have not kept in touch with most of them either).  We had a game going in the Flint area for several years (although only half the group were RM fans, the other half were Hero fans), but that group pulled from as far north as Midland (myself), as far south as Dearborn and as far east as Port Huron, but the guy who was hosting the group at his condo in Flint passed away a few months back (heart attack).  So there are people around (the group was actually organized via the ICE forums).  Wish you the best with trying to getting something organized (I've been trying to get something organized up here in the Tri-cities area for a while now and am hoping that this weekend in Saginaw might actually work out as an introduction (so if anyone is in or willing to drive to The Board Room:http://www.theboardroomgamecenter.com/ in Saginaw, let me know). 
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Kingy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for your open invitation for saddling up like the old days of knights of the dinner table! I'm up for some good old fashioned RMSS or similar table top campaigning. Are you still up for it? I might be experiencing some job scheduling changes really soon but, weekend games seem cool to me now. Worse case scenario I might only have Sundays free but, I'll deal with that if and when it happens.

To help ensure a fun experience for everyone, let me describe myself as a gamer a bit. I started gaming over 30 years ago and have played various systems. I've evolved as a player over the years into a largely story and role-play focused kinda guy. I like an even balance of story, action and role-play with mature players who are serious enough about the campaign to facilitate a great game but, are also still capable of separating the game from reality. I believe in making campaign friendly characters which facilitate the GM's story but, still maintain enough individualism to make character interaction entertaining and be meaningful to the plot. I don't like hack'n slash at all. I avoid things like hack'n slash, power tripping and sand lot games like the plague. I don't look for excuses to make characters who are antagonistic and hostile to the rest of the party (N)PCs...nor am I a player who merely plays idealized versions of himself where I view all other characters as Robin to my Batman. I've seen how those sorts of players can ruin an otherwise great game. I do like action, provided it is reasonably realistic and mostly connected/relevant to a solid story that unfolds over time. I don't look for super high level games where the PCs start out as omnipotent "dieties," even though I do realize that in a successful campaign the characters will usually become very influential, powerful and respected over time. I like to start out small and then grow into prominence as this yields a greater sense of accomplishment in the end-mainly due to overcome challenges. RPGing is a journey much more thn it is a destination. In general though I like a reasonably realistic, regularly run game where players can sit down and have a good time unfolding an intricate mature level story amidst friendly people cracking the occasional joke and enjoying food and refreshments. If you are looking to start a RM, Spacemaster or even other campaign then let me know as I'm interested.  Ciao.

I find myself currently gameless and would like to start Either a HARP or RMU (Beta) game after the 1st of the year.
Day of the week and Time would depend somewhat on potential player availability.  Thinking Friday evening, sometime on Saturday, or possibly sometime Sunday afternoon or evening.
Frequency would most likely be twice a month.  If interested let me know.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 06:43:23 AM »
Kingy,
Keep me posted on your work schedule changes and as I get more interest and get closer to running something I will let you know.

Offline Kingy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »
Hi there!

Well, I sure will keep you posted but, I'm not sure when it'll happen...already a month overdue. More significantly however, work or not, I don't intend to remain "idle" on gaming indefinitely. There are a couple more campaigns/groups I'm evaluating right now so I do have some sort of limit on the time I'm willing to wait. I don't even need to be playing by the end of this month but, I do want to have things settled by the time more balmy weather graces our state-at least.

Wolfhound has made some proposals by PM but, I have to admit you seem to be a lot closer. His campaign premise sounds really cool however. Anyway, for now what kind of time table are you looking at? What kind of campaign premise or even genre (e.g. SpaM or RM?)? Can you throw some rough ideas out there just to get the ball rolling? Thanks.

Kingy,
Keep me posted on your work schedule changes and as I get more interest and get closer to running something I will let you know.