Author Topic: Director's Briefing - October 2014  (Read 3217 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - October 2014
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »
Welcome to the fortieth Briefing and the tenth scheduled Briefing for 2014, and straight to new releases.

ERA for Rolemaster

For a number of months, Maximiliano Tabacman has been running playtests of his excellent character management software package for Rolemaster. ERA (Electronic Roleplaying Assistant) provides the ability to create characters at any level, add them to the ERA campaign dataset, enabling players and GMs to monitor and manage all aspects of the characters including skills, resistances, spells, abilities and gear, and to resolve maneuvers and actions. You can find tutorial videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr1FpH7sN2A&list=PLikcqMCKabCbuQT37rRjHCiZBdmUiIJF7 and there are extensive discussions on the Rolemaster Software section of the ICE forums.

I am very pleased to report that ERA is now ready to go on sale. The base package including some sample data will be available for free download via OneBookShelf from 1st October. Three modular data set files will also be available in this round of releases, RMC Character Law (release 1st October), RMC Spell Law (release 2nd October) and RMC Arms Law (release 3rd October). These are all being priced at 9.95 USD each.

Yes, I know. Occasionally our release schedule feels like waiting for the bus. You hang around for what seems like ages and then three come along at once. However the base package and the three data modules are a natural fit and should be released essentially together, so that’s what we are doing.

Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn

As long as all the artwork arrives in time, Terry and I expect that we will be able to release "Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn" in October as a pdf. We will be publishing this Shadow World adventure module as a perfect-bound softcover. Depending upon exactly when we achieve pdf release, and then how quickly we can progress Tales through the OneBookShelf print-on-demand process, we might have printed copies ready in time for

Dragonmeet 2014

As indicated last month, I have already booked the stand for Aurigas/ICE and Guild Companion Publications for Dragonmeet, the UK's premier one-day gaming convention. This year Dragonmeet is at the IBIS Hotel Earls Court and ILEC Convention Centre, London on Saturday 6th December.

I have ordered multiple copies of every HARP, HARP SF, and Shadow World that we currently have in print (and the first consignment are already printed and shipping), so there will be opportunities to inspect the merchandise before making purchases. In addition to accepting hard cash, we will, subject to the tech behaving itself, have the capability to accept credit card payments.

As well as the stand proper, we have also hired a demo table to run full-length scenarios. John Seal will be running a HARP adventure and I am also expecting to run a HARP or HARP SF adventure. We will also have a Rolemaster minigame in collaboration with Arion Games and competitions.

We would love to see lots of ICE fans at Dragonmeet, and would encourage UK members of the Order of the Iron Crown to step forward to run adventures and generally get involved.

Colin is heavily involved in the organisational aspects, so expect lots of forum postings, Facebook posts and tweets from Colin from now onwards on Dragonmeet.

Until next time.

Back to work for me. The next scheduled Briefing will be in November.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Jinor

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - October 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
I wish I could come to Dragonmeet. Sounds like a great event to visit.

I have to ask about RMU though. Any good news?
Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:45:58 AM »
I'll be at Dragonmeet in spirit, sounds like a fun time!
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
So no news on RMU? :-\

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
RMU will be getting an unscheduled Briefing the moment I am ready to report.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Jinor

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 06:38:06 AM »
I can hardly wait. Thank you!
Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus

Offline TheSmith

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
RMU update yes yes yes please!

Will RMU games be running at Dragonmeet?

Offline Profcrab

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »
I like many of the RMU changes I see from the beta. I'm looking at running a RMU campaign in about 6 months but I'd love to have expanded information. Have you thought of offering a pre-purchase option that would give access to any additional class info? I'd pre-purchase the books and I'm sure I'm not the only one.