Author Topic: Premium or Standard Print?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Premium or Standard Print?
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:43:51 PM »
I was looking to order some printed books on RPGNow. Found that The Shadow World Player Guide is available in Standard and Premium print. I assume the Premium print is supposed to better quality but how much better? Can anyone tell me how big the difference is?

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Premium or Standard Print?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »
Hi Chorpa, The Premium Print version uses thicker paper than the Standard Print but that seems to be the only difference.

The paper doesn't seem to be coated or higher quality in any way except to be heavier stock. I seem to remember that it's the same stock as the b/w version and even on a full page illustration, it doesn't show through the other side of the paper. I don't believe there's a difference to the ICE/GCP income from Standard Colour and Premium Colour prints so you'll not be supporting them more or less whatever choice you make.

When the Player Guide was first produced, the only option was to have a B/W Standard or a Colour Premium book - there was no Colour Standard at that time.

Personally, I'd buy the Colour Standard Print from now on. But whatever version you decide to go for, I know you'll enjoy it!  ::)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Premium or Standard Print?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:43:17 AM »
Thanks for the info! Sounds like the standard print it is for my needs. Ordered some other Spacemaster books before and I thought the quality of those where more than sufficient so don't really see the need for thicker papers.