Author Topic: ERA Package Poll  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Package Poll
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:47:11 AM »
As I continue developing features and packages for ERA, I find myself interested in what would be of most interest to the users.
So I decided to create 2 polls: Features and Packages.

If you currently use ERA, or have interest in using it, or discarded using it because it lacked some package, please let me know by voting (and also post with more details if you want).

The options are based on previous suggestions in the forum, requests from my group, and my own ideas for the future.
If you have additional ideas, suggestions for more options, do post about them.

Packages:
Arcane Companion: Professions, Spells, Attack Tables, Criticals, (eventually Training Packages).
Castle and Ruins: Spells (eventually Training Packages).
Channeling Companion: Professions, Spells, Criticals (eventually Training Packages).
Construct Companion: Professions, Spells (eventually Training Packages).
Essence Companion: Professions, Spells (eventually Training Packages).
Fantasy Weapons: these would probably be added to the current Shadow World package.
Fire and Ice: Professions, Spells, Attack Tables, (eventually Training Packages).
Mentalism Companion: Professions, Spells (eventually Training Packages).
Oriental Companion: Professions, Spells (can't promise attack tables, but maybe).
Races and Cultures: Races, Cultures.
RMC Companion I: Professions, Spells.
The Armory: Attack Tables.
Treasure Companion: Professions, Spells (eventually Training Packages).
Other: your own ideas posted below.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Package Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:27:34 AM »
My big addition is the Martial Arts Companion.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »
I think the rights to the Martial Arts Companion are not with the current ICE yet.
I created the list of options by checking the books available in RPGNow, and the MAC was not listed.
If ICE gives the green light for it, we can add it to the list of options.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »
Great, sounds good. I use that Companion all the time with multiple characters so it would be worth it.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Dreven1

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:35 PM »
Would love to see the complete indexed list of training packages included and would auto-allocate ranks which were static and let user pick those that were assignable.
Also, would include the ability to roll or pick the item options within the package.
Also, would allow for stat gains and money increase.
All of these should be "optional if used" and never hard-coded, in other words, also have the ability to modify the packages as the GM sees fit.
Thanks and great job!
Jason
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 09:36:54 PM »
It would be of tremendous help if the Treasure Companion package included a random treasure generator. That alone would be worth the price of admission.

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
It would be of tremendous help if the Treasure Companion package included a random treasure generator. That alone would be worth the price of admission.

That would be awesome.

A random monster/creature generator would also be fantastic. You could just type in the party's level and get a challenging monster for them. Even better if you could distinguish by biome.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
While not on the above list, Creatures and Monsters is sorely needed. Having to manually enter each monster's stats is a real pain in the rear.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »
Thanks for all the input on your needs and interests. They really help me choose how to focus the development effort.

- The complete Training Package feature is coming closer, but first I need to complete the Character Inventory feature. We would then update all existing books for those who purchased them to include the TPs in each.
- The random treasure generator would be doable, but it might take some time.
- Some filters on the "Add Creature" option in the Adventuring Module was already on my ToDo, and these specific ideas on how to filter the available creatures will be considered.
- Creatures and Monsters was not a possibility when I first created this poll, since the "Add Creature" option was added later to the system. I have already started creating the necessary files, and it might take some time, but Creatures and Monsters will be done. In the meantime remember that you can add your own creatures by adding ".creature.XML" files, Cobra and Killer Whale are provided as examples in the free base package.

Now keep on with discussion...

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 06:31:09 PM »
Great to hear Voriig! These will be great additions.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 08:37:38 PM »
Thanks for listening Voriig.

Can you point me to the thread/tutorial/instructions for creating or editing the xml file to add creatures?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »
Can you point me to the thread/tutorial/instructions for creating or editing the xml file to add creatures?
The advanced customization thread is the place to go when you want to ask about XML file editing.
Start by checking the files that come with your installation in "ERA/[RMC|RMFRP]/Configuration/Creatures".

In order to add a creature to the Adventure, you just click on the big plus on either party of the Adventuring Module, then choose "Creature (from template)".

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 06:35:18 AM »
Many thanks.

Offline Ludaranor

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »
I would like to have Spell Law II for RMC

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
Voting seems to be closed, but I would love to see:
  • Channeling Companion
  • Arcane Companion
  • Fire and Ice
  • Construct Companion

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 07:53:25 AM »
One down (Channeling).  Any rough idea of a timeline for Arcane Companion and Fire & Ice for RMFRP/RMSS?  With RMU taking so long, I'd be tempted to buy the whole ERA package for RMFRP/RMSS in the meantime if it had those two books.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 04:49:07 PM »
Voting seems to be closed

I always forget the poll is not taking any more votes. I will surely create a new one as soon as 2017 starts to get a fresh set of votes.

Any rough idea of a timeline for Arcane Companion and Fire & Ice for RMFRP/RMSS?

Fire & Ice would be easier, since my players have used it extensively so I have a lot of it ready. Arcane Companion not so much, but I think there are more people waiting for it.
I will try to squeeze at least one of them in January. If we don't get more RMU news before February, I could take on the other.

Right now most of my ERA development time is spent on some minor improvements and the Character inventory feature, which was requested some time ago.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 07:14:09 AM »
Thanks for the replies!