Author Topic: Looking for help with Spacemaster  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Twiigss

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Looking for help with Spacemaster
« on: July 15, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
So, probably about 1990 (maybe earlier) a person I used to know, dropped off a box on my steps that had "SpaceMaster" written on the front of it.  In the box, it included 3 books, Tech Law, Future Law, a smaller, white booklet, ship counters, a hexagon map for the ship counters, and a few other pieces.

I have never, ever, been able to figure out how to play this game.  Am I able to play SpaceMaster with all the books that I have?  I never understood what I was supposed to do, or how to set up a game.  I understand D&D, Warhammer 50k, and just recently got into Star Trek Attack Wing, but for the life of me, I cannot understand SpaceMaster.  I also purchased another box, I believe it may have been called Star Strike, that had 4 smaller hexagon maps for the ship counters, and I think it was supposed to contain a scenario, but even that I couldn't figure out.

My friend and I both tried to figure out how to play SpaceMaster, we even tried to use it with the Robotech RPG game.  It sort of worked, in a very unorganized manner.  I would still love to be able to understand and figure out how to play SpaceMaster.  Are there other books I'm supposed to have in order to play?

Any help/ideas/advice is more than welcome.  Thank you.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for help with Spacemaster
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
The edition of Spacemaster you're talking about is essentially three boxed sets. Each contains a fully playable, self-contained game, but they can also work together and can be fully integrated. The three sets are:

--Spacemaster: The Roleplaying Game, a boxed set which is an RPG like D&D. This is the boxed set with Future Law, Tech Law, etc.
--Spacemaster: Star Strike, another boxed set with rules for starship combat. It can be played as its own game on a hex grid, or you can use it to provide rules for starship combat for characters from the Spacemaster RPG.
--Spacemaster: Armored Assault, the third boxed set with rules for land combat with tanks and powered armor and stuff like that. Again, it can be played as a standalone table top game, or can be integrated with the other two to provide an RPG with full rules for starship and vehicular combat.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle