Author Topic: Sorry to disappoint you  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Raf Blutaxt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'm rather axecentric
Sorry to disappoint you
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:05 AM »
I actually found the Echoes of Heaven campaign setting (Product 1) on the net more than a year ago :)
So critical matters is not your first product to be pirated.

Actually this might even make you feel more important because it was not just a 4e product but your own setting that received this particular honour first.

On the other hand it was the D20 edition and not the glorious RM or Harp version...
Before the gods of hell sentence you to die
remember well my friend a warlord never cries.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
Re: Sorry to disappoint you
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
I actually found the Echoes of Heaven campaign setting (Product 1) on the net more than a year ago :)
So critical matters is not your first product to be pirated.

This is always a bad thing.  >:(

I don't understand those people who upload the pdfs. The pdf-products aren't expensive.
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »
Ah.  I've kept an eye out for echoes, but never seen it up.  That's interesting.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »
People who do it need to be put in stocks & pelted with rotten vegis in the public square. Thievin' bastiches! Buy the bloody officially available PDFs.

Note : When it comes to music. Tape trading is the way to go.Old Skool Metal head & punk goodness!
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
Do NOT get me wrong now, I do appreciate the time and effort people put in to making and publishing roleplaying games. There are definately easier ways to make money.

When it comes to downloading the PDF's it is does not have to be a lost sale for every pirated PDF out there. Perhaps that person would not have bought the PDF at all.

This being said, the person who bought it and then made it available for download form (I mean it had to start somewhere) should be flogged :P
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:35:57 AM »
i can, sadly, agree. i noticed it too

there are several echoes of heaven pdf around the net:
campaign, the last free city and adventure seed 1b

:-\

at least they are all for d20, but maybe from the "selling" point of view this worst since d20 probably sell more.. or at least it did since the newcoming of 4th ed.

By the way.. piracy is a matter of respect of the work of others, free culture and free-something is kinda bulshit when behind what i download there are HOURS of time.. want free stuff? take low quality one or stuff made to be free!! guild companion for example provide ton of high quality FREE material, that should be enough for those that don't want to use their money  >:(

I can only understand the download of a piracy PDF if i just have to take a look at it before buying, this problem doesn't exist if i can take a look at one in a shop or reading several good reviews to have an idea of what i'am going to buy!  ::)

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg