Author Topic: CyberSpace rules  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Celeborn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
CyberSpace rules
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
I start this topic because i just bought the CyberSpace Rulebook, and there is something what i can't understand. Maybe it is because my bad english...

So. A round consist of some phases, i know. In a round i can take just one action, and if that was an attack, i can move up to 3 meters after (missile attack), or before (melee) the attack. Right? But! There is a table on the page 50th (OB modifications chart), and it tells that "-10 for each 3 meters the attacker has moved". What does it mean? Can i move more than 3 meters, and the additional 3meters decreases the OB? Or i can move during the (missile) attack phase (and this reduces the OB), and then in the movement phase (the free 3 meters) too? And how far can i move? There is an example fight on the page 51th. In that Charlie fires his gauss pistol and moves 4meters to a crate. How can he do that? I dont understand.

Please someone explain me!

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
Re: CyberSpace rules
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
I'll try to post a reply asap. I have to get home & check my books .
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
I start this topic because i just bought the CyberSpace Rulebook, and there is something what i can't understand. Maybe it is because my bad english...

So. A round consist of some phases, i know. In a round i can take just one action, and if that was an attack, i can move up to 3 meters after (missile attack), or before (melee) the attack. Right? But! There is a table on the page 50th (OB modifications chart), and it tells that "-10 for each 3 meters the attacker has moved". What does it mean? Can i move more than 3 meters, and the additional 3meters decreases the OB? Or i can move during the (missile) attack phase (and this reduces the OB), and then in the movement phase (the free 3 meters) too? And how far can i move? There is an example fight on the page 51th. In that Charlie fires his gauss pistol and moves 4meters to a crate. How can he do that? I dont understand.

Please someone explain me!

If I'm reading the rules right it is thus : If you choose to move 3m prior to attacking (charge) it's -10 to OB .It's an additional -30 if you draw or change a weapon prior to the attack.But these modifiers only apply if you choose to move and/or draw or change weapons prior to an attack.

Concerning if you can move more than 3m & still attack ... nothing forbids it outright from what I've read. If you are the gm it's up to you if you allow it. If you do allow it , it'll be -10 per 3m moved prior to the attack.

concerning missile attacks... It depends on if you are using the listed sequence of actions as written or using a homebrewed system. If you are using the rules as written then you can attack , dodge/parry and load/reload .Then you can move 3m and shift equiptment ( with a -30 to your OB of your next melee or missile attack (I'm assuming).

If you are not using the sequence of action rules as written. Then you can let a pc/npc move 3m (or more,at the gm's discretion) prior to attacking at -10 per 3m moved.

As written you shouldn't be able to take a attack or similar action and be able to move more than 3m in a round.As you are using most of the round to attack and the rest to move. Only if you choose not to take any other action but shifting/drawing or changing a weapon can you move at full movement in a round.Ultimately it's up to your GM how he/she chooses to run the combats.I hope that this helps.Cheers.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Celeborn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »
Thanks the answer.

So it's up to me if i allow to move more than 3 meters. Of course in the case of missile attack it is possible after the attack, and in the case of melee attack, it's prior to the attack. And that wasn't clear for me, that the first 3 meters movement draws down the -10 OB penalty too, or just the second...
The other rules are clear. I think. :)

modify:
Do you know why isn't it clean-cut for me? Because the -30 shifting penalty is written down in the action chart, but the -10 movement penalty isn't in the same chart.

And it isn't written in the text. I didn't found it anywhere, just in the OB modifications chart, but in none of the examples, and action descriptions.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:46:19 PM by Celeborn »

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 04:45:55 PM »
I'll go over the rules again after I get home & try to post a clarification tomarrow =) I'll include page numbers & paragraphes where rule is stated if possible.Take care..cheers.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Celeborn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
OK-OK. I hope i'm not too annoying. :) You haven't to hurry, because i will travell to the country in the afternoon, and i'll be back on sunday.

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

modify:
Do you know why isn't it clean-cut for me? Because the -30 shifting penalty is written down in the action chart, but the -10 movement penalty isn't in the same chart.

The '-10 for each 3 meters the attacker has moved'. Is in the OB modifications chart above the -30 for drawing/changing weapons on page 50. The sequence of Actions rules are on page 40 & the other rules I quoted in my previous post were in the Action Chart on page 41. I hope that helped. =)

R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax