Author Topic: Director's Briefing - the Rolemaster Playtest  (Read 12349 times)

Offline talsharien

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - the Rolemaster Playtest
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
Will Arms Law be part of the playtest too?

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
Yes :)

...I've just not finished formatting it yet. :(
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline talsharien

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
 :D

Offline ubiquitousrat

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »
Any idea on a release date for Arms Law? We are ready to PLAYtest... so just askin'...
 :)

Offline DMatHeart

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »
Rolemaster Lives!!
Just stumbled on your playtest and Im so happy I must pour out a ramble of reminicence.....

I Have been gaming in UK since late 70's (yes i'm old) and when I got my Rolemaster boxed set as a lad early 80's my creative mind went mental and my players loved the game too. The books deteriorated but are STILL used 30yrs later!, and the box has had patch upon patch of clear tape on it to keep it alive.

My mind swims with memories of the Nightblade fumbling so badly his own weapon drove into his heart, of a Sorceror Destroying all in his path in pursuit of power, of Dark hearted Clerics and the Black Channels section, of my Orc Ugrak rolling 100 on a background option for a giant eagle steed and crushing all before him, of the crit lists and players faces when you announce E crits delivered and recieved!, of the game that cured (yes cured!) my mate of his stammer, and of course the sheep printed on the static manouver chart in the pick lock section...why ill never know!

Oh trouble me not Christmas, santa, shopping or sleep. I have no time for you now!!  Someone has cast Lifegiving True on Rolemaster and I have files to download and read, mates to contact feverishly, characters to roll and a young lad to teach a new word to in our next mock swordfight..."Bladeturn!".

THANKYOU to all who keep this game alive.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:12 AM »
DMatHeart,
 Welcome to the ICE Forums and glad to hear you are so happy about the play test. ;D

Get some fellow gamer's and try it out then dish out what you find. The developers need feedback and the more the better.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Emaughan

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
Not sure if this has been answered in another thread, but will Treasure law be the source for additional classes of Alchemist?  I noted in the Spell Law beta that no list for Alchemist were included.  Will this simply be taken over by ritual magic?  Just curious.

Also, Creatures and Treasures was great because it gave monsters a far more "realistic" feel to them (as much as vampires and dragons could be realistic), than that brand X rpg. The thing that hurt the product the most in the eyes of some - didn't bother me much - was the perceived complexity of some of the data.  Streamlining some of the monster stats and/or making it easier to read would be a big plus.  Second weakness with all the CnTs was the art work.  Art can do a lot to help sell a book, especially a "monster manual".  Seeing the great cover art on the beta test books gives me hope.  Please up the art on CnT!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Not sure if this has been answered in another thread, but will Treasure law be the source for additional classes of Alchemist?  I noted in the Spell Law beta that no list for Alchemist were included.  Will this simply be taken over by ritual magic?  Just curious.

Alchemists spell lists will be in Treasure Law

Also, Creatures and Treasures was great because it gave monsters a far more "realistic" feel to them (as much as vampires and dragons could be realistic), than that brand X rpg. The thing that hurt the product the most in the eyes of some - didn't bother me much - was the perceived complexity of some of the data.  Streamlining some of the monster stats and/or making it easier to read would be a big plus.  Second weakness with all the CnTs was the art work.  Art can do a lot to help sell a book, especially a "monster manual".  Seeing the great cover art on the beta test books gives me hope.  Please up the art on CnT!

The cover art on the beta test books is only placeholder art - although the artist responsible for those placeholders has produced wholly new art for two of the RMU covers.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Emaughan

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
Thank you for your reply sir, and thank you very much for your help in saving my favorite RPG!

Offline mfvdd

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
We have playtested the 3 core public BETAs,

We have ran into several anomalies (ex. Baby / Man / Giant - stat roll discussion ). I won't re-post because the topics have already been cover by other playtesters.

Essentially, our group will pick & choose which game mechanics works for our group.

We are waiting to see a finished product to buy.

Thanks for your time & effort.