Author Topic: Game looking for players on fatasy grounds  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Game looking for players on fatasy grounds
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »
Hi everyone.

Happy end of year celebrations, whether Xmas or whatever you might celebrate to you all.

So how about starting the new year with a new game of Rolemaster Classic?

I intend running a continuous campaign every weekend, penned by my own fair hands. The times and number of hours are up to the players, but my ideal situation that I would like to try for is Sunday afternoon from 1.00pm or 2.00pm, for 5 hours with a break in the middle. Of course this is probably not possible for a lot of people, so instead the proposal would be for a total of 5 hours over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday afternoon/early evening depending on the players again of course.

The timing would mean that you folks in the U.S could also join, as well as players closer to the GMT zone.

I don't have the ultimate license (I'm hoping Santa-bot will be generous this year) so it means that I can't do much with people using free clients I think, I'm fairly sure that unfortunately it would mean that everyone should have bought the basic player client.

I have some interest already, so I'm hoping to get two more players, though if there are three more then that wouldn't be a problem. I'm looking for a maximum of 6 in total, though 4 or 5 is my ideal number, and can run with just 3, but that's the absolute minimum, and probably a bit scary for the players once bad things begin to happen.

I have run Rolemaster for many years, though I have never run a game of anything through FG yet.

The world setting is non-Tolkien-ien, so all P.Cs are generally going to be human of some sort, no elves, dwarves, halflings, orcs etc. It's also not going to be combat orientated unless the P.Cs make it otherwise.

Character creation will happen this weekend coming (19th and 20th December), and also the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of January 2016 for those who can't make this nearest weekend. The reason for the break in between those dates is of course people celebrating Xmas and such, so of course no game that weekend.

Hopefully everything will be fine and the game should begin on the second weekend in January.

I welcome people new to Rolemaster and new to Roleplaying, we'll be gentle if it's your first time

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Game looking for players on fatasy grounds
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »
I'm interested - I'm assuming the time zone is GMT?

I already have a Fantasy Grounds license. :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
Yep, GMT here. :)

I'll message you for details and stuff.

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:36:42 AM »
We still have space for an extra player or two, so if you're interested, please drop me a pm, or message here, or send smoke signals.  Whatever works ^_^

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »
One additional thing that might help too, is that Santa bot was very generous (thankyou santabot). I must have accidentally been good, or something went awry with time and space, because I now have an ultimate license, so you wont necessarily need a full player's license or whatever it would have been to play.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 09:23:05 AM »
I have a friend who'd like to join. :)

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
Friends are free to join too. As long as they can speak human languages, rather than actually being furry hamsters who roam randomly over the keyboard but have a desire to unearth ancient ruins and to find out the mystery of the lights in the sky, and are limited to squeaky noises and munching tiny burritos.

Li'l hamsters will have to make do with appropriate li'l hamster things instead, with their li'l hamster friends, rather than joining a game on Fantasy grounds.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
:P

If I had a fury friend it would be a cat!

Offline vharper

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »
Hello.

Is it too late to get into this game? I have a FG account, and, although I haven't played RM Classic, I played RM from 1984 - 1993, so the system should be similar. Also, the time frame is good for me.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Vince

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
The game doesn’t start until next week now so there's time for the GM to respond.

...the delay maybe my fault I'm afraid - too late a night character creating. Sorry again Sweetleaf. :(

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »
Sure, that will make you number 6 :)

Are you aware of the length of time and the set day that we'll be playing?  We hope to play Sundays 2.00pm to 7.00pm GMT. This weekend should be the start so if you're able to join before then for character creation then that would be wunnerful :)

Offline vharper

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 12:12:26 AM »
I realized I calculated the wrong way for gmt to est...was thinking it would be evening for me, not morning...unfortunately that won't work for me Sunday mornings, but thanks for the heads up, and have a good game!

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Sorry that the time isn't any good. Good luck in finding an alternative game that suits you :)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 06:02:18 AM »
Have you thought about recording your sessions and uploading them to youtube? I think you will be among the first to have Rolemaster roleplay sessions there, so many DnD sessions so would be good to see some RM as well :)
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline chukoliang

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 02:11:47 PM »
Great to see this thread here.

I would love to find a RMSS game on FG that met at a time that I could join in. I'm EST, but if the game was regular and I could fit it in my schedule, that would be fine.

I probably need to wait until they get RMU up and running. And until ICE and FG give the RM ruleset in FG a ton of love.

I also second the idea of youtube videos of the session. Not only will it let people see RM on FG but it would help people understand how to use FG and RM together. It might be especially helpful if you had a video from the players point of view. As your group has a GM, you know how to use FG. But FG seems to have less videos showing what a player has to do to play each system. My limited experience in FG showed me that learning FG and a new system or two just to learn how to play FG was more effort than I wanted to put into it. Especially since I didn't have a regular group established.

The bells and whistles would be nice, but if ICE put a character creation, leveling up automated function into FG for RM it would probably help RM to grow well on FG.

Offline Sweetleaf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 06:31:07 AM »
Have you thought about recording your sessions and uploading them to youtube? I think you will be among the first to have Rolemaster roleplay sessions there, so many DnD sessions so would be good to see some RM as well :)

Hi, well so far it's crashed both weeks we managed to get together.  So I'm not sure it would make a good youtube video if it crashes every single time we play, and we waste time bringing it all back, etc.

There are already some videos of rolemaster on youtube too.  Though whoever ran that game doesn't post videos any longer, so I'm not sure what happened to it.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
Sorry that the time isn't any good. Good luck in finding an alternative game that suits you :)

Still looking for that last awesome player?   8)
PST gent with horrible insomnia that is usually awake when he shouldn't be, here, heh!

Would love to become an RM player after being a GM for way too many decades since 2nd Ed(Revised-Red Stripe).
If needing to reach me directly, I'll PM you my email addy if not already on this board, somewhere else...

PS: Cheers for your reply either way, and Congrats on the great Santabot gift!