Author Topic: Artifacts & Lost Technology  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Artifacts & Lost Technology
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:32:34 AM »
I am thinking this could be a good repository for a great many things, from the items in the long-lost Atlas Addendum, to Orhan Tarot, to all the random special Shadow World spell lists that have been accumulating over the ages. There are lists for Warding, restricted lists for the Priests Arnak, Loremasters and Navigators, and others. I was also thinking that since there are special lists for the Priests Arnak and their ilk, maybe groups like the Sisters of Eissa should have access to lists which give them a slight edge over a generic Cleric. I also have thoughts on special Lay Healer lists...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Artifacts & Lost Technology
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
Sounds good, I like specialized list for Channelers. I think generic list for these casters make them all hum-drum and all alike. This can be the bonus list mastery replacements for pure channeling spell users.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »
Feeling a bit silly this morning...

From the Book of Armaments:

"...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.' And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [skipping ahead] ... And the LORD spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'"

Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »
I've been thinking about ordering one of the t-shirts.  Already have a "Cantina Royale" shirt with Han Solo as the silhouette rather than Bond. :)
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
There are the magic items from the old Eidolon site too.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »
I have the atlas addendum, but I always wanted the Priest Arnak spell list to get a better sense of their capabilities. Thanks to the Loremaster/Navigator spell lists I have a sense of what their junior & senior operatives. I also wouldn't mind seeing Alliance spell lists.

Offline JakeM.

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Formerly an Angelic elven warrior, now a dad.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »
Speaking of...
I'm forgetting just where, but guessing the first print atlases or addendums, had this citadel, huge mapped complex.
At one point the layout ended and the description said something in the lines of
" Lords of essænce forge. Beyond are found items that are limited only by GMs imagination. Feel free to...( something ) , or we may do it for you later "
Terry propably did it originally but was it ever completed?
Dibs on that broadsword!

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 07:28:11 AM »
Hello!

Is there information in any Jaiman source book, at what are the locations and who are the owners of six Jaiman crowns in "current time"?
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
I would love to see the Kulthean clerics get more domain-specific lists. Brian Hanson has pointed the way I think with his BASIL lists: he already has ones specific to Clerics of the entire Orhan and Charon pantheons.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:21 PM »
Hello!

Is there information in any Jaiman source book, at what are the locations and who are the owners of six Jaiman crowns in "current time"?

The current locations of all the Six Realm artifacts will be in the new edition of Jaiman.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.