Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2016  (Read 3019 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2016
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:00:00 AM »
Welcome

To the sixty-seventh Briefing and the twelfth scheduled Briefing of 2016.

Dragonmeet 2016

John, Colin, Chris and myself attended Dragonmeet with all of us manning the stand at various points of the day. Due to an unfortunate mixup, Chris did not get a designated table for his game early enough to recruit sufficient players in time to make his scenario viable. Despite this glitch, we had some very interesting conversations with fans and (potential) freelancers, and we sold a reasonable number of books, and three lucky fans won prizes in our stand raffle.

Looking forward to next year, we hope to have some appropriate banners made so that we can give our stand greater impact. We also want to see more ICE gaming scenarios being run.

HARP

HARP Loot went on sale last month; the master proof copies of both softcover and hardcover arrived in time for me to sanction a short batch which we received in time for Dragonmeet. You can now purchase HARP Loot in pdf, softcover and hardcover from OneBookShelf. There is a 5 USD discount available for bundle purchases of pdf and softcover/hardcover.

Terry is in the last few pages of the layout of HARP Folkways. I will then need to check that all is well with it. My expectation is that we will make HARP Folkways the first product launch of 2017.

ERA for Rolemaster

Max has completed another ERA dataset. This time, he brings you RMSS Channeling Companion. This adds all the professions, spell lists, talents and critical tables from the Companion

You can purchase the dataset from OneBookShelf directly via this link.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/200154/ERA-for-Rolemaster-RMSSFRP-Channeling-Companion?affiliate_id=90949

Max continues to make improvements to the baseline packages. If you have already downloaded the base ERA packages, and you have registered to receive emails from publishers on the OneBookShelf network, then you may already have received emails indicating that files have been updated. Please download at your convenience.

More on HARP, Shadow World, and RMU

Colin, John Duffield and I are all trying to get our respective portions of HARP Bestiary completed, and being variously derailed.

Terry is in at least three places at once - Emer I, Emer II, and Haalkitaine. (When he's not laying out tables for HARP Folkways, that is).

The full draft of Garden of Rain, a new Rolemaster/HARP module from Brad White, has arrived and is on my editorial intray.

Chris Seal has sent in substantial chunks of Caer Glais, a new module to be set in the world of Mithra (but not in Anias or Cyradon), so that is jostling for attention in the editorial intray.

In a pause for air, Jonathan Dale did a consistency sweep of RMU Spell Law (to check the amendments from Graham Bottley) against the current version of RMU Arms and Character Law. He's now returned to RMU Creature Law.

Until next time

All that remains for me to do is wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or other holiday of your choosing) and a Happy New Year. The next scheduled Briefing will be in January 2017.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »
Merry Christmas to you all too.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
BTW, I am working on other SW projects as well, editing Shade and Lethys, and writing Emer IV and NE Jaiman. More coffee!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Bravesteel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Protect those who cannot protect themselves.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
Merry Christmas, guys, I hope you all get a nice break.  :)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 06:39:40 AM »
Happy Holidays everyone! Glad the ironcrown.com site is back up. No rest for the writers, but we love what we do.

-- Terry
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline zyax1

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Lethys -the city
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 07:17:10 AM »
BTW, I am working on other SW projects as well, editing Shade and Lethys, and writing Emer IV and NE Jaiman. More coffee!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Nice to hear about progress!
http://lethys.joabsson.se/

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
And nice to have the site back.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline reitif

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 12:02:02 AM »
Any chance RMC companion 2 from classic would ever make it into ERA? I havent played for a decade or so, but used old school stuff all the way to RMC VII. Frankly I think that once a GM nailed down a system of which rules they wanted to use it rocked all together, but the 2nd companion was the key.

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
ERA is not theirs, it's a fan product which is supported. See RM Software sub-forum below.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:09 AM »
Also RoCoII is not RMC it was RM2 which is nearly identical but different.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline MrApollinax

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »
Also, I suspect there are copyright issues regarding RMC2: one of the authors remains unlocated (on the Missing Authors thread) so the IP is tied up in no-man's-land at the moment. It's a shame, though: RMC2 was pretty much the defining moment for RM2, I think, and contained most of the 'meat' of my old campaigns, as well as some must-have professions (Necromancer, Witch, Warlock, Dervish, Shaman, the list goes on).
Author, HARP Garden of Rain.
Tales of the New Kingdoms (blog)

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 10:10:49 AM »
It is an IP issue. If we could find the final author, we would rerelease RM Companion II

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »
Any chance RMC companion 2 from classic would ever make it into ERA?
It all depends on what you need from that book.
If you are up to it, any profession, spell and skill can be added manually, and we even have a thread to assist those willing to try it.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 07:17:51 AM »
It is an IP issue. If we could find the final author, we would rerelease RM Companion II

Best wishes,
Nicholas
IANAL, but is it possible to get it flagged as an "abandoned work" in some way, or even to set aside come customary amount in escrow in the event the author is later located?

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »
And nice to have the site back.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Yes! Glad to have that resolved.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.