Author Topic: Eberron conversion for both HARP & RM2???  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
Eberron conversion for both HARP & RM2???
« on: April 23, 2017, 04:29:54 AM »
Has anyone done a Eberron for both HARP & RM2/Classic? I thought Elton Robb had one (or was it for FR?) for RMSS or RMFRPG up here a while back but it seems the powers that be cleared the sub-forum of clutter.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Eberron conversion for both HARP & RM2???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 10:35:20 PM »
Has anyone done a Eberron for both HARP & RM2/Classic? I thought Elton Robb had one (or was it for FR?) for RMSS or RMFRPG up here a while back but it seems the powers that be cleared the sub-forum of clutter.

Hi there.  I am Elton Robb.  I worked on an Eberron conversion to RMSS/RMFRP. But now I have to start again with that.  Bear in mind, though, it will be a work in progress on my spare time.  ;D

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:45:24 AM »
Interesting! I did not know about your conversion. How can I access it?

And how did you handle Warforged healing?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:35:31 AM »
Interesting! I did not know about your conversion. How can I access it?

And how did you handle Warforged healing?

Whoa, I'll get to the new races.  Here's my wiki I started this morning: Rolemaster Eberron.  I only had six pages so far, and the Eberron Wiki is very helpful.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 10:30:48 AM »
This is a very cool project. I can write a little post about it on our RolemasterBlog if you want a little more publicity; it might entice more contributions.

I have thought about how to convert Warforged to Rolemaster, because I think the race is very cool (and loved playing one in Dungeons&DragonsOnline). The stats are easy enough to convert, but the healing is hard to figure out. In 3.5, iirc, they only got half the effect of healing spells, since they were essentially living constructs. But they could also be healed fully by repair spells. I've been trying to figure out a way to implement this in RMU. I actually looked through the Rolemaster Spell Law (RMU) but didn't really see anything that worked quite like a repair spell; the Lay Healer's Repair on his Prosthetics list was about the closest I could find, but that's level 16. There is also Mend Mechanism, Adept Base, in Treasure Law, though it would have to be adapted somewhat.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 11:00:26 AM »
This is a very cool project. I can write a little post about it on our RolemasterBlog if you want a little more publicity; it might entice more contributions.

I have thought about how to convert Warforged to Rolemaster, because I think the race is very cool (and loved playing one in Dungeons&DragonsOnline). The stats are easy enough to convert, but the healing is hard to figure out. In 3.5, iirc, they only got half the effect of healing spells, since they were essentially living constructs. But they could also be healed fully by repair spells. I've been trying to figure out a way to implement this in RMU. I actually looked through the Rolemaster Spell Law (RMU) but didn't really see anything that worked quite like a repair spell; the Lay Healer's Repair on his Prosthetics list was about the closest I could find, but that's level 16. There is also Mend Mechanism, Adept Base, in Treasure Law, though it would have to be adapted somewhat.

Yeah, go ahead show it up on the RolemasterBlog.

Warforged Healing -- I'll tackle that when it comes up. Warforged can be repaired by Artificer infusions (some of which have to be converted directly).  And also the repair construct spells -- I think.  I know Artificers get those as part of their infusions.  But the class in 3.x is so unbalanced that some GMs have to disallow it.  I figured that the various Alchemist professions will have to be considered for Artificers.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 01:00:31 PM »
Yes, though the Dabbler (in RMU at least) has a list specifically called 'Mechanisms' that could be adapted for Warforged. Spells such as Tune and Phantom Tools look right up the Warforged's alley. Tune might also be adjusted to actually heal.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 04:39:28 PM »
Yes, though the Dabbler (in RMU at least) has a list specifically called 'Mechanisms' that could be adapted for Warforged. Spells such as Tune and Phantom Tools look right up the Warforged's alley. Tune might also be adjusted to actually heal.

RMFRP has Mechanisms for the Dabbler as well.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
What about a closed Essence list for repairing Warforged?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 02:16:53 PM »

Yes, that would be ideal, but I don't see anything that would work in the core rules. There would have to be a specific new spell -- though again, Eberron introduced one for DnD too (the Repair spells).

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:16 AM »

Yes, that would be ideal, but I don't see anything that would work in the core rules. There would have to be a specific new spell -- though again, Eberron introduced one for DnD too (the Repair spells).

A direct conversion is not impossible. Neither is a spiritual conversion.  I had to alter the spell point progression of the Halfling, so they could be good lay healers. 

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »
Oh, I got RMC (Character Law, Spell Law, and Arms Law) today.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 05:40:03 PM »
I think you can see the Nightblade in there, if you're interested (we were discussing the Nightblade in another thread IIRC).

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 06:26:15 PM »
I think you can see the Nightblade in there, if you're interested (we were discussing the Nightblade in another thread IIRC).
Maybe.  I read through the Character Law chapters on professions, and the nightblade is not there.  I have to get the RoCoI to get the nightblade and the paladin.  Which I have gotten today.  Fortunately, my original RoCoI is still in good shape.  The only books I need to get in hard copy is Arms Law and Creatures and Treasures.  I still like RMSS/RMFRP (RoCoII - which my cousin still has -- with all the skills in it presented a problem.)

Still, I wish it were possible to buy RoCoII in pdf form, but they said they have some problems contacting the original authors.  Would be great to have the Warrior Mage back in RMC.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 08:41:11 AM »
The Warrior Mage is always a fan favorite!

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 09:17:55 AM »
The Warrior Mage is always a fan favorite!
Yep.

Changeling stats for Rolemaster Classic is done.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »

Very cool!

Might be a typo in the Rolemaster (not Classic) stats for Changeling -- their RR mod for Essence is listed as +2, but I think it should be +5?

Either way, I'm glad to see the conversion is moving forward. The website is very slick.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 02:00:47 PM »

Very cool!

Might be a typo in the Rolemaster (not Classic) stats for Changeling -- their RR mod for Essence is listed as +2, but I think it should be +5?

Either way, I'm glad to see the conversion is moving forward. The website is very slick.

Classic stats are easier to do than RMSS/RMFRP stats.  This is mostly because RMFRP is very detailed.  Something in common with other RPGs of the period.  I know, because I got the Sengoku RPG.  That uses a very detailed system.  This is unofficial though.  But I bet Wizards of the Coast doesn't care, as long as more people buy their products because of a conversion (it's free advertising).

The Shifter race is the last race I'll do next to orcs, goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »
Suggested professions are complete.  But remember, you can disallow or allow any profession depending on your game.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 08:48:04 PM »
I found a copy of RoCoII available for sale on Ebay, and I bought it.  So I can adjust the professions allowed for RMC later on.