Author Topic: Print on Demand  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Print on Demand
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:10:24 PM »
Hi,

I noticed the RM Classic books are available as Print on Demand from DriveThruRPG.  Unfortunately, only the PDFs of the RMFRP books are available (I couldn't find most of the RMSS books as PDF) . Is there any reason why the latter are cant be purchased as Print on Demand?

Thanks.

Offline Sable Wyvern

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Print on Demand
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:52 PM »
A lot of them are just scans, of passable but not exceptional quality. The print quality of a such a document would be quite poor, I would expect.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:16:25 AM »
We don't have usable print-quality archives unfortunately.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »
Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the response. I have really good clean PDFs of the main RMSS books that I bought from ICE years ago (along with some type of Print on Demand hardback versions). The quality of the print books was not great, but the PDF quality is really good - Better than scans, in my opinion (as a gainfully employed graphic designer). It looks like they were created from the original documents.

At the time, they were labelled: 5500p.pdf (RM Standard Rules), 5520p.pdf (Arms Law), 5522p.pdf (Spell)Law), and 5540p (Creatures & Monsters).

Does that ring any bells?

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »
Interestingly enough, I just looked at the PDFs again. Looks like a lot of them are very clean, but there are some pages where hole punch marks appear on the sides. So it looks like a combination of great scans, and a few poor ones.

Offline A. Joseph Campbell

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
Sorry for the thread necromancy..

Asking a question that may be gauche.  Since there are not PoD options for RMFRP presently, should I purchase all PDF content available, is there a fee I could pay in addition to ICE in order to gain permission to independently PoD  1 or 2 copies for personal use from a third party?

I'm less concerned about print quality and more concerned about having proper printed reference copies as I am not fond of PDF save as a table play reference.  Any PoD option (lulu or FedEx) will need approval to do things or at least bind things properly. 

Sides, I'd rather just send money to ICE, than support the resale market. 

Thank you,
AJC

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
Asking a question that may be gauche.  Since there are not PoD options for RMFRP presently, should I purchase all PDF content available, is there a fee I could pay in addition to ICE in order to gain permission to independently PoD  1 or 2 copies for personal use from a third party?

In the copyright section it states that purchasers of the .pdf version are entitled to print one copy from the pdf for personal use. It's on the page right after the front cover.

Offline A. Joseph Campbell

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 05:32:41 PM »
Thank you much.  Sometimes you miss the easy answers.