Author Topic: Tarahir questions  (Read 2574 times)

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Tarahir questions
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:07:38 AM »
I have a few questions about the city of Tarahir. As i don't have the book (waiting for the RMC version) my Questions might be stupid I don't know...well her it goes anyway.
In the Cyradon Wiki it says New Tarahir, so was the old one destroyed and if so how ?
How large was Tarahir (or New Tarahir) 's population ?
How big was the Orsai army that sacked it ?

As you might have figured out already I want to start my campaign a little bit earlier than the official one. Like 1 or 2 Months before the town gets sacked.

Maybe my questions have answers in the book I don't know, but It would really help me to start building my campaign. Oh! and do anyone have suggestions about maps for a city of Tarahirs size (whatever it may be)

*Ooops this should have been under Cyradon, can a Mod please fix ?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Tarahir questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
ICE never set the sizes of the two armies, nor of the city of Tarahir. Those numbers were required for the history that was developed. All we needed to know was that the city would be lost, and that Grayson was put in charge of evacuating as many who were willing to leave, and getting them to safety.

As a rough guess, I would say that the city was likely somewhere around 100,000 (nowhere near as large as ancient Rome, which is thought to have had close to 1 million).

The two armies, also likely numbered in the tens of thousands (10-30 thousand, I would think.

And don't forget that this was a war being fought on two fronts, as the Orsai tried to come around both sides of that inland sea.

(note: Tarahir has been sacked/destroyed several times throughout its history the "New Tarahir" is meant to denote it from the same city when it was the capital of the Tarahiri Empire).

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Tarahir questions
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »
Thank you for your answers. I'm guessing that the 10-30 thousand is Tarahirs own army (fits according to RoCo I city design) and that the numbers of the allied forces (the Sithi Elves, and the Skaldi and the Treaty Kingdoms.) would be about the same size. Hmm... yes,I can work with this thanx alot   :)