Author Topic: T'revor's Tale, the journal of Terry's character in Pete Fenlon's game  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Cleaning out my HD, I discovered my ancient notes from the Pete Fenlon eastern ME campaign. I could post them here, though not sure how much sense they might make, they would attest to the genius of Pete, his complex game ideas and the twisted campaign we struggled to understand. Also would have to be some disclaimers because there are some ME-ish names... because we dealt with the Blue Wizards, Alatar and Pallando, and may guises and hidden meanings.
Many of Pete's ideas from his ME game moved into the Loremaster series and so into Shadow World, like the Shards, the Loremasters, the Unlife, and there they got fleshed out. But T'revor was a half-elf with a bad attitude in eastern middle-earth, and it was messy...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
This relative to my interests....   :D

Offline Valkrist

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Man, what I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall during those game sessions.  :(

I will go to my grave lamenting the fact that ICE never got a chance to publish material covering eastern Middle-earth. Those brief, tantalizing glimpses that we were given in supplements like Lords of Middle-earth and other bits, drove me crazy with possibilities left unexplored. The history of the Blue Wizards alone, as well Khamul and Dwar of Waw, Lochas-drus, Ruurik, the Mirror of Fire, Helkar Kael, the Womaw... the list is endless.

Shame we will never visit those places and learn more about them. One of the true tragedies of RPG history.

Offline Arc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Please post! I always thought that the east of ME was super intriguing. I was actually about to start a new campaign there decades ago before the first edition of the master atlas came out, and I was hooked on shadow world. It's funny to hear that many of the central elements of shadow world are actually based on your gameplay in the east. Btw, who drew up the map of the eastern ME? It was a map that begged to be played :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Maybe it would make a good series of articles for the GuildCompanion.com
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Valkrist

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
MDC

Unfortunately, any and all references to anything to do with Middle-earth would have to be excised, lest the wrath of Tolkien Enterprises' legal team be aroused.  :-\

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
MDC

Unfortunately, any and all references to anything to do with Middle-earth would have to be excised, lest the wrath of Tolkien Enterprises' legal team be aroused.  :-\

Would it? There are still MERP fan sites out there, publishing things for MERP (and there is MERP content on the GC site). I think you may be okay as long as it is non-commercial.

I think most would be interested in it, but spending the time to convert it into proper articles may not be possible. At least for Terry anyway - he does have a fair bit on his plate.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
MDC

It's probably not a big issue. There are entire middle-earth sites that aren't licensed. And there are only a very few actual names from the books. Most are names with Quenya origins, etc. The time thing for me would be that T'revor drew numerous maps and diagrams, and I'd have to scan them. Maybe one of these days...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline ellemeno

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
This would be interesting.  Please post it in some form.

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
That would be fabulous stuff.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Any chance of this happening? Posting the notes here, I mean.

Mr. Amthor?

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Bumped. Is this no longer on the table?

Thanks,

--Desty