Author Topic: Durham/Raleigh/Cary/RTP  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Durham/Raleigh/Cary/RTP
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
Hi Guys

Just moved to the RTP area and would be more than happy to either attend (or host) a game in the Durham/Raleigh/Cary/RTP (Triangle) area.

I'd consider either playing or GMing (although it'll be a few months before I can get my books shipped from Ireland).

Is anyone running a Rolemaster/HARP/Middle Earth/Spacemaster/SF-HARP/Cyberspace game in the triangle area?

I tend to go for story-oriented rather than overly METAs-style monty-haul campagns ... but either way I want to get back into the flow!

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
Re: Durham/Raleigh/Cary/RTP
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »
Unfortunately, the forums here do not represent a good forum to find RM/SM/HARP players ... weird and disappointing :(

Seriously, if anyone in the RTP region is looking for a player (or two - my wife would also like to play! She's a former theatre major, but has no history in RPGs so might suit a story-teller style game), please email or IM me!

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 11:00:44 AM »
Unfortunately, the forums here do not represent a good forum to find RM/SM/HARP players ... weird and disappointing :(

Seriously, if anyone in the RTP region is looking for a player (or two - my wife would also like to play! She's a former theatre major, but has no history in RPGs so might suit a story-teller style game), please email or IM me!

Well, I found a few players over long periods of time on this forum. I found maybe one player every two years in the DC area. You will always have more like just meeting gamers and getting them to try a new system.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:41:47 AM »
I live in northern Durham, near where Hillsborough Road crosses over 15/501.

I have a campaign world I have been wanting to test, but have had difficulty finding anyone who would be interested.

I had a couple of players who seemed interested until they saw the number of pages in some of the RMu Beta 2 versions.  Never heard from them again.

Had another player say my world was "too far outside the box."  He is a DnDer.

I am always interested in either GMing or playing myself.  However, I own no form of transportation other than a bicycle.  And have no idea of where you are now located.

PM me if interested and we may be able to work something out?

rmfr

P.S. - I am sending you a PM.
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
If we end up playing RMU beta, we probably won't be using too many "books", at least not for a while!