Author Topic: Milan, MI looking to run/play HARP or other RPGs  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Milan, MI looking to run/play HARP or other RPGs
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
The GURPS group I'm in will be winding down its current campaign in the next few months. While the GM wants to give someone else a chance in the GM seat, he also wants to stick to GURPS. I've had fun, but my fun will increase in a group that doesn't stick to a single system.

I can offer my apartment or a nearby restaurant as a meeting space. The apartment is small, but I think the living room might be able to handle a somewhat large group.

Here's what I have available in my apartment that I either know well or don't plan on selling:
* Forbidden Kingdoms, a D&D 3.X metasetting mostly for pulp-novel emulation but I like some of its ideas for other things
* HARP Fantasy
* Tri-Stat dX
* World of Darkness, including Changeling the Lost and Changing Breeds
* World Tree, essentially d20 Ars Magica with anthropomorphic animals (no, it's not part of the d20 system)

Weekends work best for me, and if we meet on alternating Saturdays this can start while the GURPS campaign winds down. That reminds me, I'm more interested in shorter sets of related adventures than full fledged campaigns.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Kingy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Milan, MI looking to run/play HARP or other RPGs
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
Hmmm...you're a bit far away, and I don't want to game in a restaurant but, maybe some of us can get something going.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:18 AM »
If you don't mind cruising over to Clinton, I could host at my house.  Just working through a few issues and details before I can get up and running
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
Googlemaps isn't placing Clinton quite where I remember it being.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:10 AM »
Googlemaps isn't placing Clinton quite where I remember it being.
It probably gave you Clinton Township try using the zip code of 49236.  For Reference the Village of Clinton is just North of Tecumseh on US 12 (Michigan Ave.)
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
Sounds about right, I remember driving through Clinton, and past Tecumseh to get to Adrian when I had a job there while I was living in Saline. Google Maps pointed north, completely perpendicular to Tecumseh. And for that matter, why is Clinton TWP nowhere near the city?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »
Village of Clinton and Clinton Twp are completely independent of each other just have similar names

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »
Be that as it may, unless I get some sort of explanation soon, I may fire my GURPS GM for sending a picture message about a session, not answering texts, and then standing me and another player up. I know he has a wife and kids, but if he got into something at home, he should have told us.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:05 AM »
Debating between HARP and RMU (Beta) at least initially (other systems might be considered based on player feedback/interest if I get to that Point).  HARP has certain advantages in being a little less complex, and I am more familiar with it, but curious how RMU would actually play.  World would either be Cyradon or generic make it up as I go along most likely, though I do have an Island Hopping Campaign in Concept Form that could be fun unless you are a Divine Magic User (at best the populace distrusts you).

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:28 AM »
Either's good for me, and from what a friend says about RMU, it's looking like a more accessible Rolemaster than previous editions.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
Thanks to a kick in the pants of my landlord seeing my apartment not anywhere near its worst, but enough to make him upset, I have cleaned my apartment up as thoroughly as I can and can now offer it as gaming space. Additionally, I have narrowed down the games I want to run to these:
* HARP Fantasy
* World of Darkness
* World Tree

The reason is that I don't want to run a home game in systems I'm using in upcoming convention adventures this year. I have become a RAW at first GM: I like to see how things work originally before I start changing things. My house rules now tend to be additions I think are cool instead of restrictions based on behavior I don't like.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 06:09:04 AM »
I bowed out of the GURPS group last night. Based on my current work schedule, weekday afternoon/evening sessions are possibility though weekend meetings seem more routine.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline andrewpickering

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
If you are still looking for players let me know.
I live in Tecumseh and work at UMich in Ann Arbor so am in easy driving distance of either Clinton or Milan.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 02:19:14 PM »
andrewpickering,
 Welcome to the Forums and I hope things work out for your game.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
Hmmm, might be time to look again at starting up a game.  Seems like we almost have critical mass in the general, Clinton, Milan, Tecumseh area.
Currently with my schedule the best days would be Fri eve, Sat aft or Eve, Sun Aft, evenings during the week possible but wouldn't be my preference.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
Looks like I should have been paying a little more attention to this topic, or at least actually logged in more. I'm currently working morning shifts on weekdays, and thanks to a mix up, my weekends off have been changed. Saturday afternoon/evenings would be my preference if anything gets going, regardless of who's GMing.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 06:54:48 AM »
After cleaning my apartment last week, I sadly discovered that it really is too small to host a game in . . .  even in the kitchen.
#LotorAllura2024