Author Topic: A Few Rule Interpretations Needed  (Read 5002 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: A Few Rule Interpretations Needed
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »
What rolls would be needed for a Psion to use Telekinesis to move a grenade to make an attack, in particular, to make a sneak attack? i.e. put a gas grenade into a room.

If you are just lobbing it, then Telekinesis rules applies:
"Using the
Hurled Attack Tier-specific and Mass abilities, the adept can hurl
one object telekinetically at a target per round, making a Physical
Attack using the skill bonus in this Discipline as the OB on the
Crush or Impact Critical Tables (SysOp’s discretion)."

For subtle work, use Telekinetic Hand with Tiering for range and finesse (and apply the finesse penalty to the skills used by telekinetic proxy).

Bolt attack - how far away? Can you use telescope to 'spot' target that is line of sight and is there a range penalty?

Bolt attacks have range set as Standard so the range of a Bolt is set by its Tier (1 = 1m, 2 = 1m/rank, etc.) see Table 11.3

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »
If an armor min MP is 0 - does that mean if your armor skill, if higher than needed to offset the MP of the Armor, that you get a bonus to MM?

No. It just means that you could wear armor with greater penalties and the character probably wants to wear that armor instead!

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 12:26:07 PM »
AFAIK , you should never get a bonus to a maneuver because your armor is higher then the MP of the armor. That is true in RM and it should be true in HARP/SF but it has been some time since I have played HARP/SF and my book is out of reach at the moment so I cannot give you a page # to look at.

HARP Fantasy, page 93
HARP Sci Fi, page 168
#LotorAllura2024