Author Topic: Spacemaster in Eclipse Phase, anyone tried it?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Gallowglacht

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spacemaster in Eclipse Phase, anyone tried it?
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:56:12 AM »
I have some Eclipse Phase books heading my way and have the pdf's. It is a percentile system, but Blaster Laws kind of has me spoiled for exciting d100 combat. I get the impression that I could just use stats from Eclipse Phase characters and use the Spacemaster system and just deal with any issues as they arise.

Is anyone here familiar enough with both games to let me know if this is possible/easy?

If not I could start converting stuff but I'd like to try the lazy efficient way first.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Spacemaster in Eclipse Phase, anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »
No I have not but I have been eyeing the Eclipse Phase books for some time.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:18:08 AM »
I have converted some of the Eclipse Phase Equipment for my spacemaster game, and am very interested in building a rule set for Resleeving.....

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:03 AM »
Nope, but since the creators allow downloading their game's PDFs for free off their site I might look into getting some if only to take some things I like & add them to SM2/Imperium.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 04:53:16 AM »
I've read enough of the Eclipse Phase Rules to know that it's a fantastically difficult setting to run games for beginners. ... because of the freedom of movement/choices available to "ongoing characters"

... for that reason I doubt I'd ever try merging ANY additional complexity with it.

However, using the same setting with a complete morph (excuse the play on systems.. ;) ) with the SM rules, rather than using the core EP ones.

That might be a challenge..   The EGO & Morph sections of the stats blocks are quite easy... So the EGO stays the same and then the physical side of the character can be handled like a TP.... Hmmm.