Author Topic: Original RM compatible  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Grimboldfrood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Original RM compatible
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »
Does anyone know how compatible Rome is with original RM? (I know - very old school!) I was speaking to someone at a show recently and they thought that it wasn't particularly compatible. From memory, he mentioned there were a large number of training packages in the Rome supplement and spell development costs were low.

Any views before I decide to buy?

Thanks in advance

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Original RM compatible
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
 I do not own RM Rome myself but I did get a chance to look at a friends copy and IIRC it is RM and RMC based. So you should have no problem using it.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:10:20 AM »
Does anyone know how compatible Rome is with original RM? (I know - very old school!) I was speaking to someone at a show recently and they thought that it wasn't particularly compatible. From memory, he mentioned there were a large number of training packages in the Rome supplement and spell development costs were low.

Any views before I decide to buy?

Thanks in advance

I haven't given RM Rome a proper read through yet since we opted to use BRP Rome instead. But the book is for Rolemaster Classic. Rolemaster Classic is essentially a reprint of Rolemaster 2 so I don't really see why there should be any problems using it for older editions of Rolemaster.

Offline Grimboldfrood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think about buying a copy of Rome - once I have finished browsing all the other options.

Someone else mentioned BRP Rome. Do you need to have the BRP rules as well, or is it a complete package?

Offline bottg

• OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:32:10 PM »
I do not own RM Rome myself but I did get a chance to look at a friends copy and IIRC it is RM and RMC based. So you should have no problem using it.
MDC

It will work with RM2 with no problems.  There are training packages, but they are there as much to give a "life path" feel to characters as anything else.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
Yes: it is RMC-based (with a supplement for adapting to RMSS/FRP) so playing it with RM & RM2 shouldn't be a problem.
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/