Author Topic: Product 5 to Release Soon  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Product 5 to Release Soon
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for all their patience.  Between unemployment, getting settled in a new job, and my mother's bout with cancer, it's been a difficult time.  That doesn't account for all of the span, of course, but once you haven't worked on a project for more than a year, it can get easy to just go another week.  And another.

But I've rallied.  Things are predicable in my life again.  I've received all the art (or at least all of the art that I'm going to get).  So here's the status.

I've probably finalized the RM versions of product 5 (In His Name and The Last Hallowed Place).  These are big, setting defining books.  I intend to drop on December 31st, should the rest of the pagemaking go smoothly, within a week of that if there's some unforeseen problem.

If your still fired up about the setting, we'd love to hear from you.  I have dropped the hero books from the line due to licensing issues.

I still intend to do my traditional boost-my-numbers sale on the day of release to help my ranking.  For those that don't remember how those go, we sell all releases of the product for the price of one on opening day so that each sale counts for each version.  I'll send an e-mail out to the opt in list about that (probably today), and then post here in case you aren't on that list.  For those who don't get our release mailings, you'll be able to PM your info for the sale.

Bob
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Boby Morane

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Product 5 to Release Soon
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »
Woohoo ! I am so amazed by this wonderfull news that I have just created my account on this forum, that I used to read only.

I am sorry for the difficulties you have met. I hope 2013 will be a better year for you.

In my opinion Echoes of Heaven is a very rich setting and I had a great pleasure in reading all supplements. I look forward discovering this fifth book... Thanks for this Christmas gift.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
I've sent out an e-mail to the opt in list.  If you didn't get one but want to be part of the opening day sale, send me a PM.

Offline Sean Barley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »
I am very excited to see this posting and your email as well!! I have very much enjoyed the world that you have created and have been hoping that you would be publishing again. Any idea when the HARP version will be available? Happy Holidays!! 

V/R

Sean

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
December 31st if all goes well.  I finished the rough page layout a few minutes ago.

Offline Sean Barley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »
Thats Awesome!

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »
Keep up the good work, brother-man. You've always had my confidence and support; I've bought many of your products. Show us all what you can do. You may have more support than you know.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:09:59 AM »
Defendi I was going to check out your world but it appears www.finalredoubt.com is a dead end.  Is it just down at the moment?
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:40:37 AM »
Fantastic news :)

Though I already playtested the HARP version one (or two) years ago, I cant wait to see the final version! Be prepared to play a great adventure within this great campaign!

Offline Sean Barley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
Just a couple of questions. I was wondering which version of HARP you are using for this 5th installment? And secondly will they be available for print and pdf? I have all your material in pdf which I like the convience of putting on my tablet, but I have decided if available I would like to have the whole serious in print as well.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »
It's the same version of HARP I've been using from the beginning.  There hasn't been enough demand for print version for me to put much effort into it, but I'd be willing to reevaluate that with the right amount of input.  :)  Are initial print run of the main book sold far less copies than the electronic version.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
For the most part it looks like the only real impact the new HARP will have on future product are with the NPCs.  I just refreshed my memory of Nick's changes.

Bob

Offline Sean Barley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
Good to hear its still the same version, my group is still using the old version until more of the revised books become available. I am not sure how the print on demand works, or what it cost a small business/publisher. But I am interested in the hard copies. If you have hard copies of the previous books I would be willing to buy them. 

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
Print on demand is pretty easy on the employer.  Basically if you get it right the first time, the only thing you have to pay Lulu is for your one proof copy.  The big investment is getting the files ready.  It can take 10-40 hours to prep a book for print on demand, depending on the book.  :)

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 04:03:23 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to use the POD of RPGNow? As you already had uploaded the PDFs there.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »
 Great. I am looking forward to the release.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
Thanks for pointing out that the www prefix isn't working on playtesting.net.  I'm working on that.

For an update on the product, I have finished the rough pagemakes of all three versions.  I'm working on making them pretty now.  Shooting for a midnight release.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 08:51:29 PM »
Update:  I think I have finalized versions of HARP and RM.  That might change when I come back to them later for a last past, but they are close if not done.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
Uploading files now

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 12:03:23 AM »
Okay, now that I'm waiting on file uploads I can tackle a less time critical question.  Yes I've thought about doing the RPGNow POD, but they can't invent spines, so if I want it to be high-quality, I'll still need to at least do the covers.  If I've gone that far, I might as well get a version of the interiors that don't suck as well.  :)  That's not saying that my normal interiors suck, but there's color inside (the maps for instance) and sometimes they need hand tweaking to be readable in B&W.  Also, there's doing proper bleeds, which I don't know how RPGNow handles.  I'll try one and see how much time I can save letting them do most of the converting.  :)