Author Topic: [SM2] SM weapons VS RM AT's  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Onirim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt Galery
[SM2] SM weapons VS RM AT's
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:49:38 AM »
Hi people,

Recently, I've been trying to use SM2/RM2 to play a Fallout RPG Campaign, but I've seen something I don't quite understand :

In the attack tables of SM2, it's noted than SM weapons (energy and firearms, I suppose) have their results limited by their Mark#. But apparently, this weapons can go further in the damage table against Rolemaster AT's for AT 5-20.

It's okay for me, but imagine a character with AT1 or AT2, what is the guideline ? It's difficult to imagine AT1 and 2 are better protections than AT20, but with the tables, a well armored warrior in RM is just more fragile than a naked person in AT1, because we can go to Mark5 on them, and only on Mark3 on a AT1.

What is your opinion ? Have you successfuly played a game with RM/SM armors and weapons combined ?
RM2/SM2 french gamemaster

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: [SM2] SM weapons VS RM AT's
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 10:24:16 AM »
Buy Ten Million Ways to Die, which is designed to include columns for all AT's in SM and RM.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Onirim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt Galery
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
Thanks, but I know the Ten Million Ways to Die :)

Ten Million Ways to Die is, I think, too dangerous for what I want : with firearms, I've a BIG chance to kill anyone in one shot (yes, it's realistic, but it's not playable for me).

With Space Master, firearms and other weapons are limited by their Mark#, so a character can be hurt 2 or 3 times before falling. And it's so difficult to parry a Firearm... so it's the reason I want to know how this rules work in Space Master :)

But I will think about this anyway ;)
RM2/SM2 french gamemaster

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
Weapons can still be limited by Mk.  Mk I (105), Mk II (120), Mk III (130), Mk IV (140).

TMWTD does list many weapons with limited attack results.

One of TMWTD advantages is it lowers over all hits versus WL: Firearms and Blaster Law.

But of course, whatever works for you!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.