Author Topic: 1.0.5.1 Install Gotcha: Watch Destination Directory!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
1.0.5.1 Install Gotcha: Watch Destination Directory!
« on: November 08, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »
On a couple of the databases, the install dir defaulted to my local app folder instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHARP\ . This does not install the databases correctly!

Just wanted to share.
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: 1.0.5.1 Install Gotcha: Watch Destination Directory!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 04:17:44 PM »
Hi trechriron,

I'm assuming you are referring to the separate full databases, and not the internal demo databases. If you are referring to the internal demo databases, I'm surprised to hear it, but I will look into it. If you are referring to the separate full database files from RPGNow then I have an answer. There is no way for a separate executable to know where you installed the AutoHarp program since they are separate exe files and each computer user is going to be somewhat unique on where they will install. The most the database install program can do is guess. However if Autoharp default to the program files folder and the database installs are defaulting to a different folder then, yeah, they should be consistent. I can look into that as well.

Thanks!

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
It's about the separate DB files.

They default to the app data in the user directory. I think they should hit the default install directory for AutoHarp, as I imagine 90% of users don't know that nor will they know where to update variables in the OS. :-)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 10:54:02 PM »
I agree. The install process should be consistent. So I'll check to make sure both the main app and the database install point to the same default app.

Cheers.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
Actually I just checked the install files for College of Magics and for Martial Law and yep, sure enough the installdefaultdir is set to localappdir. I have now changed that to the same value as the main app. This will go out in the next release. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. [:)]

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:15:31 PM »
Awesome!