Author Topic: ERA software - talent issue  (Read 1654 times)

Offline quetto

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA software - talent issue
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:08 PM »
Ho support,

i bought some module, in detail the character law.
i need to apply the bonus of a talent i got: Aura (Minor)

is there a way to forse a new power point progression?
thanks in advand

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA software - talent issue
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:17:23 AM »
Hi! Thanks for purchasing ERA and sharing your question.
The truth is... in the current version Power Point Progression is tied to the race.
So, you will need to manually adjust the special bonus in Power Point Development.
You can click on the "edit" icon to the left of the skill row, then type the adjustment (which in your case would be the 2 x number of ranks) and confirm (Hit Enter or click on the "Apply Changes" quill icon).

I will try to add better support in the next version, to edit the body and power point progressions of a character, so that you needn't do this manually every time new ranks are purchased.

Offline Exadore

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:40:07 PM »
Question:  I just purchased the RMFRP set (Core & Character Law, Spell Law, and Arms Law) for ERA.  So, now I own both and and the RMC.  How do I update the ERA Character Law & Core?  The two other modules updated just fine (Spell and Arms) where you point to the compressed files, but the Character Law and Core piece errors out and corrupts the whole installation.  Thanks!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:08 PM »
After downloading and installing the base package, you get two executable applications: ERA-RMC and ERA-RMFRP.
In order to install all the book files, you would do something like:
1) Start ERA-RMC
2) Open the About dialog, click to install, choose every RMC book zip you have one by one.
3) Close the application.
4) Start ERA-RMFRP.
5) Open the About dialog, click to install, choose every RMFRP book zip you have one by one.
6) Close the application.

The next time you start ERA-RMC all RMC content will be there.
If, on the other hand, you start ERA-RMFRP, the RMFRP content will be offered.
Each ruleset will keep track of the corresponding characters and adventures you create with them.

Let me know if that was clear, or if you need further assistance or explanations.