Author Topic: Daily Pay  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Daily Pay
« on: November 29, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »
Evening,

I may have missed this in the books, and have been hunting for the last 45 minutes to see if the question has already been asked. No luck so far.

Pay.. Is there a base pay for Soldiers (low rank) and Mercenaries? Combat pay bonus?

Right now, for my PCs, they are given a location to live, which they have to reclaim, they have to buy their own food and if they want a cook or servants they have to pay appropriate wages. This is a long term contract and the characters will be considered Civilian contractors with Rank... at least one of them...

Adventure takes place in Rhakhaan.

Originally I was going to provide 3 SC/day, each PC. Then remove 2 for rent of a small fortress. I could be overly picky here but I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Elrik
I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Daily Pay
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:09:40 PM »
Castle and Ruins, peasents make 8cp a day.

Soldiers would make 12-15cp a day, or 4-5gp a year.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »
Not sure if there is a Shadow World specific answer, but Castles & Ruins gives a wage for an average guard of 3 sp per month, and 4-6 sp per month for a soldier. The PCs may prove themselves above-average of course. Some other relevant wages include constable 3-7 gp/month, chaplain 1-6 gp/month, huntmaster 1-3 gp/month, magic-user 1-10 gp/month, PCs might qualify for something like those positions depending on their talents. (Conversely, a cook will cost 1 sp per month, stable hands 8 bp, cleaning/maintenance 5 bp, servitor 5 sp.)

The outtakes for C&R give some example rents for fortresses. Barracks (1250 SF, 10' tall) 38 bp per year, small keep (2500 SF, 20' tall) 30 gp per year, small round tower (300 SF, 30' tall) 42 sp/year, large round tower (700 SF, 50' tall) 24 gp/year. Of course these would depend on the quality, location, and whether anyone else is interested in renting the structure. If they have to reclaim the location, that ought to be worth some kind of discount.

System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me. I think I was pretty close. The PC's walk away with 7gp a month, and they get to keep the bear share of the spoils. If I was providing rent, I would have to look at something like 2.5sp/daily.

Property owners pay for any repairs, provide materials and labour. Property owners will also provide 6 low level soldiers to help protect the property while characters are gone.

I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool