Author Topic: Suggestion: Default settings for Stats and DPs on Preferences.  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Suggestion: Default settings for Stats and DPs on Preferences.
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
I saw Monk's series of videos for the game and they all explain it very well, but I wondered if it would be better to change the defaults in preferences. The defaults setting for Development Points and Stats generation that AutoHARP has is not the default rules the Rulebook encourages.

The preferences are configured by default to generate Stats by rolling d100, where in the core rulebook it says that the default option is the 550 point buy. The same happens for DPs, the default in the game is generate them the old version way, whereas Harp Fantasy strongly encourages the 50DP as the default.

It isn't a big deal and after all the video explains how to change them, but I think it would be much better if the default options in the rulebook were the default options in the program.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Suggestion: Default settings for Stats and DPs on Preferences.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:40:01 AM »
The original HARP rules used the d100 for stats as standard, and also the calculated DP.
Likely he developed the software initially based upon those rules and just has not updated this initial default setting with the update release.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:57:06 AM »
I know, I have the old books from 2004, that's why I'm just pointing it out. It's easy enough to change it, just follow the steps on the video so even a cave man like myself can do it, it isn't a big deal. All I'm suggesting is for the next update, whenever it is, remember to change it so that people don't have to.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »
My error - I didn't understand what you were implying.
Agreed - should be updated when the next release is made (IMO)
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com