Author Topic: Question about enchanting arrows  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Question about enchanting arrows
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »
One of my players is working on enchanting others weapons as daily use items. He said he has developed the spells to do such a thing. I am awaiting to see what spells he has developed so he can do this. One of the first things he wants to enchant as daily use items are the rangers arrows. I wonder if he realizes the time it will take to make even one arrow. If he scales the "Imbue" spell up to include "Increase Imprint" then it is a minimum of 1 day per arrow (otherwise would be two days). But on that note my question:

What are the chances of normal arrows breaking each time they are fired?

When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Question about enchanting arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
Imbue Spell is the obvious existing spell for creating "daily" items. If the weapons already exist, then making them into daily items will be harder than creating a completely new item with magical powers.

I don't think we have any rules for arrow breakage yet. But you could easily rule 5-10% chance of breaking.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Question about enchanting arrows
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:30:18 PM »
Imbue Spell is the obvious existing spell for creating "daily" items. If the weapons already exist, then making them into daily items will be harder than creating a completely new item with magical powers.

I don't think we have any rules for arrow breakage yet. But you could easily rule 5-10% chance of breaking.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I will also add a modifier to that breakage roll based on the level of crit achieved. FYI, I use my own combat charts and so far they are working out great. I will see about passing them on to some others once (and if I ever) get this NDA done as I would like to put them into a (hopefully to be published) book.

Imbue spell is the spell he is using and he has actually read the book on this. He will be waiting until either next level or the level after because it takes a lot of ranks in that spell to be able to do what he wants to do.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!