Author Topic: Rolemaster Paces  (Read 1106 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Rolemaster Paces
« on: November 19, 2016, 10:47:35 AM »
Wait for attachment approval.

Attached is the file RMUbv2PacesStepOneTwentieh.ods.

Yes, I was very bored one night.

This steps the Pace Multipliers by one-twentieth (×0.05) starting at zero.  Also see the Notes page in the workbook.

This file also includes the paces for the infamous Shards!  Provided they move at similar paces besides the 500 fps pace.

Although based on the current RMU beta version, it can still be used for all flavors of Rolemaster.

Curse, or enjoy.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: Rolemaster Paces
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »
Since attachment won't get approved, here is a Dropbox Link.

In three formats: ODS, XSLX, and PMDX.

The PMDX file is for PlanMaker 2016 in SoftMaker's FreeOffice.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
Interesting chart. Sad that it didn't get approved.

So from what I see on it, it seems like an average sized human would need to go at about 8.6x pace to reach Bolt's world record time in the 100m dash? Of course, Bolt himself would have a higher pace than average due to his higher quickness/agility, and he would have a very high skill in running.

A shard would be moving at about 75x pace?

At least that's how I'm reading that.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »
Bolt would also probably have Adrenal mv. Speed given the amount of 'getting in the zone' that elite athletes do before the start gun.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 08:34:48 AM »
Looking at page 83 of the RMFRP Creatures & Monsters, it says:

Quote from: RMFRP Creatures & Monsters, pg 83
This is no doubt due to the fact that they never move at speeds under 1000ft per round (a Shardic "walking pace").  Shards either stand still, or they burst about with alarming velocities; they travel 5000ft per round when dashing.

Since the RMFRP round is 10 seconds, this means the Shardic "walking pace" is 100fps.  And according to the chart I made, this means Shards "walk" at a Pace Multiplier of ×25 when compared to normal humans.  Shards would "dash" at a Pace Multiplier of ×125.  This is based on the multipliers in the table on page 87 (page indicator number) of RMUbv2 (armscharacterlaw18Jun2015beta2.pdf).

Now, you can see why Shards are so deadly.  They could "dash" 100m in just 0.656 seconds (rounded). :o

Hell, even at a "walking" pace, a Shard could move 100m in 3.28 seconds.  Still less than a RMUbv2 round of 5 seconds.  100m!!  Using direct proportion cross multiplication, that means in a single round, a Shard could move 152.44m (500ft). :o

Just be glad of this:

Quote from: RMFRP Creatures & Monsters, pg 83
...for Shards are active less than an hour a day.  Although they are capable of moving about for up to six hours, they prefer to rest.

As said, I was very bored one night and started playing around.  On a later whim, I thought, "Why not stretch the table down to account for the Shards?"

I only based this on the Standard BMR in RMUbv2 (armscharacterlaw18Jun2015beta2.pdf), pg 16 (13 in ToC) of 20ft per 5 second round, or 4fps.  I did NOT apply any skill, stat, stride, or any other type of modifier.  I used just the straight 4fps.  Also, you can alter the 4fps BMR by entering another number into the cell B1 on the Notes sheet.

Thus, if you have a character that has a BMR of 22fpr, simply enter 4.4 (22 ÷ 5) in cell Notes!B1 (Notes.B1 in the ODS).  The Calculations sheet should auto-calc.

rmfr