Author Topic: An Interesting Puzzle I Found  (Read 873 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
An Interesting Puzzle I Found
« on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:04 AM »
I am posting this here since my old world of Udava fell under the Rolemaster system.

Now here is a definite puzzle.  As I was browsing through the data (about 12GB) of my old world of Udava for some stuff I may want to include with my new world of Onaviu, I came across two images and a text file.

The first image shows the original script (stolen from the Vulcan Script font by Nick Polyarush) on an ancient obelisk.  The second image showing the obelisk as found in the middle of the jungles of the continent of Yadrevay.

I believe it was a puzzle I had been working on for players to encounter while my family was still alive.  Somehow, I think I added the bit about the pattern of the glyphs also providing map coordinates.  However, like a dumb ass (perhaps due to interruption of my family being killed), I never wrote down the solution.  If there are any good cryptographers here, take a crack at solving this puzzle.

Dropbox Link (since attachments seem to take too long for approval)

Simply explode zip file (4,271,403 bytes) into its own directory.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: An Interesting Puzzle I Found
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »
Well, as I lay suffering with this <censored word> nose cold over the last two days, I guess it was two days, I may have a possible solution.

Dropbox Link

Above is a link to a zip file of my musings...

For all who have given this a look see.  Thanks.

I am still going to mull it over, but am taking a break for right now.

rmfr

P.S. - I still find it uncanny how something from one world could actually work out on a completely different world.  :o
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.