Author Topic: RMU Converstion guide  (Read 858 times)

Offline stuck923

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU Converstion guide
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:19:58 AM »
Hi all,

Do we know if there will be a RMFRP to RMU conversion guide?  I've started Jonesing on getting back into RM and didn't know if I wanted to wait for RMU to buy/start stuff.  As such, I was curious how difficult/guided it would be if I started a local game with RMFRP, and try to upgrade it to RMU when it comes out.  Part of my desire to use RMFRP  rather than Beta is the ability to use the software packages, and things like the Arcane companion.  So I'm hoping this topic will get answers to both.  That is will there be guidance for converting characters mid campaign?  As well, will there be direction on how to convert existing things like Arcane companion, that obviously won't be released with the RMU release.

Thanks
Ryan

P.S. If I am missing software support for Beta RMU, or an existing conversion guide for RMFRP, please let me know.

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMU Converstion guide
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 04:07:32 AM »
I started converting to RMU my world created for RMFRP and I found some difficulties in converting cultures I've created. In RMU there no more restricted/everyman/occupational skills that was very usefull tools to make a more comlex and characterized culture than just only a list of number of ranks like cultures are in RMU. That's the only think I really don't like in the new version: the loss of characterization. I think that everyman and occupational skills can be replace with something like the professional bonuses and knacks, but how can I converse restricted skills? I think that RMU needs a way to get harder to learn a skill regardless its professional cost. Someone can help me?