Author Topic: arcane spell user  (Read 1240 times)

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
arcane spell user
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »
I really loved the arcane spell user in RMSS.  Is there going to be a class like that in any of the expansions?  I made it extremely rare to be one in my world and they are basically hunted down as they are all considered evil. but I don't want to lose my story plot when changing over from RMSS to HARP. 

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: arcane spell user
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »
My background with RM isn't very deep so I'm not a good expert on the class myself.  But Harp CoM does have several specialized arcane spell classes in it (including a necromancer).  Something like that may be what you are looking for.

-Pyrotech

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:48:46 AM »
I believe dranthor is referring to the Arcane companion.

Arcane magic is more powerful, but also more volatile and risky. It's pure, unadulterated, primal magic power.

I don't think there is anything like that in HARP, but looking to College of Magics may help you provide the flavour, some mechanics and rules/guidelines for how to create their spell circle.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:49:19 AM »
High Magic would be one candidate (find this in College of Magics)

College of Magics has the Necromancer, "Something Wicked" will bring the Demonologist, the Mentalist/Mystic/Seer, and the Warlock/Witch profession.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:23 PM »
I am looking forward to "Something Wicked" myself, I really need a HARP witch for a future scenario I want to run my players in. 
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:18:21 AM »
I've been looking forward to Something Wicked since I first heard about it on these forums ... which feels like almost a decade ago  8)

Always imagined there to be blood magic in there, as in, using your own or other people's blood to fuel magic... and then ultimately, something along the lines of blood bending (avatar: the last airbender.)
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »
Hopefully we will not have to wait too much longer for either "Something Wicked" or the new "Monsters" book.   ;D
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!