Author Topic: How do you handle Lycanthtropy?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
How do you handle Lycanthtropy?
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »
i have two NPC's who were bitten but a werewolf. right now they are unconscious.
im thinking they will recover from their wounds but suffer some 'side-effects' at the next full moon.
thoughts?

what about pc's with Lycanthropy? will they become an NPC werewolf at the next full moon?
what if they change at other times as well? at night? or in the presence of a shadowmage with a 'control lycanthropy' ring? that will catch the players off guard if it happens in a dungeon complex and they track down the shadowmage they have been hunting and realise some in their party are controlled by him!

Offline Mordrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How do you handle Lycanthtropy?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:40:57 PM »
I love to not let the PC know they have become.  They can hear rumours of lycanthropes in the area, maybe even investigate an attack.
Slip some hints, this place is vaguely familiar, you wake up and wonder why your sheets are so dirty, that sort of thing.
If they want a cure, there is a new question for them.

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »
I love to not let the PC know they have become.  They can hear rumours of lycanthropes in the area, maybe even investigate an attack.
Slip some hints, this place is vaguely familiar, you wake up and wonder why your sheets are so dirty, that sort of thing.

nice. i like his angle as it leaves them guessing and they would be very paranoid about being alone with the pc/npc who is suspected of being a werewolf...

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »

actually there is a vampire in the party already... his transformation is still taking place... they dont suspect yet... now there will be two NPC werewolves... hmm thats not a party you want to turn your back on if u r a member... sleep with one eye open and a silver dagger close by id say!