Author Topic: Extended Maneuvers  (Read 896 times)

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Extended Maneuvers
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:08:53 PM »
I need some reference information. Can anyone cite the references for rules on extended maneuvers? For example, climbing a set of stairs might be an extremely slow maneuver, but not one prone to failure. You might need a cumulative result of, say, 550 from the light maneuvers to reach the top.

Offline vector

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Extended Maneuvers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »
It appears you have the general idea already. The only detailed discussion of maneuver duration that I can find at the moment is in the School of Hard Knocks 2.6 Maneuver Duration, page 8.

"If the GM is interested in a more dynamic approach, the Moving Maneuver Table can be used. The GM determines how many points must be obtained, and how often the character gets to roll. For example, picking a lock might require 600 points, but the character gets to roll every round. Constructing a house might require 300 points; the character rolls each month.

The character makes a maneuver roll, modified by his skill and all other modifiers, not including difficulty. The result should be indexed on the Moving Maneuver Table. If the result is a numeric result, the character gains that many points. Any other good result gives the character 150 points. Any bad results provide the character with no points. In some situations, the GM may even reduce the number of points gained if the maneuver roll is particularly bad."

So, as you can see a lot is left up to GM interpretation. I hope that helps.

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Extended Maneuvers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »
Thanks. I just wanted the citation for the rule.