Author Topic: Rolemaster U  (Read 1602 times)

Offline HorusArisen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster U
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
So as someone who hasn't kept up with the play test can someone give me a hint as to when we might see the finished product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Rolemaster U
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »
Information on progress of upcoming projects is reported regularly in the Director's Briefing. The latest is here: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=18196.0
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline HorusArisen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:06:51 AM »
Information on progress of upcoming projects is reported regularly in the Director's Briefing. The latest is here: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=18196.0
Thanks [emoji120]

Offline HorusArisen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:09:22 AM »
Thanks [emoji120]

Hmm not a lot of info on release. I assumed given development time we'd be close to off to printers stage.

Have there been big delays?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:02:38 AM »
They are taking their time to try to get it right, and of course the staff is small. They have also been very responsive to player feedback, and that takes time too. So for example they have simplified the encumbrance and spellcasting rules and reworked their size rules. Some of us are hoping they will offer (either as the default or an optional rule) new attack charts that give the results for all sizes at once so players dont have to do any size difference math.

Right now it looks like arms and character law are mostly done, and the focus is on taming the giant beast that is Creature Law (which was too  big and complicated to print in its first incarnation).
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:45:31 AM »
They are taking their time to try to get it right, and of course the staff is small. They have also been very responsive to player feedback, and that takes time too. So for example they have simplified the encumbrance and spellcasting rules and reworked their size rules. Some of us are hoping they will offer (either as the default or an optional rule) new attack charts that give the results for all sizes at once so players dont have to do any size difference math.

Right now it looks like arms and character law are mostly done, and the focus is on taming the giant beast that is Creature Law (which was too  big and complicated to print in its first incarnation).

Thanks for the update!

Offline HorusArisen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »
Yep thanks for that. I'll check back in a while to see how it's going [emoji3]