Author Topic: Spell Casting Stats - High Magic  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spell Casting Stats - High Magic
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:17:53 AM »
It could be that I just couldn't find the reference in College of Magics, or that I just couldn't find another topic here that gave me the impression it would talk about the spell casting stat pair for High Magic spells. Which stats do High Magic spells use? Thank you.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Spell Casting Stats - High Magic
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »
I don't see it said in CoM either.  It vaguely implies (to me) that it might use the mages Re/SD - but it also seems to vaguely imply (again to me) that it would use the appropriate spellcasting stats depending on the characters spellcasting class.

Personally I would go with the character's spellcasting class stats, or Re/SD if they don't have one.
-Pyrotech

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »
My idea, based on how hard it's supposed to be to even learn High Magic is that it would have a set pair of stats. Switching stat pairs depending on what spellcasting profession you are that level would fit some of the difficulty as well. As Re/SD seems to be the default spellcasting pair, I'll use that until I hear something from Nicholas or another Iron Crown employee.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
Re/SD makes sense. Thanks for catching this omission. Another thing to note in Something Wicked, Something Wondrous

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »
Sorry about the long wait to reply, but you're welcome on me catching the omission.
#LotorAllura2024