Author Topic: Map of Cyradon & Belynar...  (Read 3238 times)

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Map of Cyradon & Belynar...
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:23:14 AM »
Hey gang,

Quick question: are the maps of Cyradon & Belynar available in high-res color scans? Looking at the Cyradon book, which is grayscale, it looks like the maps were originally color. If so any chance we could convince somebody to post 'em somewhere?

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Map of Cyradon & Belynar...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:12:11 AM »
Hm, normally it should have been included in color! The map was included TWICE in my book. Colored, two huge two-sided maps. One side of Belynar and the second one of Cyradon.

I could upload the PDF versions (also in color) to the vault, but I think that should be confirmed by Aurigas or GCP first.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:04:11 AM »
No need to upload the files. We'll review this request, and if we decide to proceed with this we'll load the original image files at high resolution.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline MidKnight

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • That which you cannot see CAN hurt you.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
I know that full color maps shipped with the original Cyradon hardcover book.  This was a poster / wall map separate from the book, but I belive was also used in B&W inside the book. 

I would suspect given the poster / wall map that a digital copy once existed.   :)

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:01:22 AM »
I would suspect given the poster / wall map that a digital copy once existed.   :)

Just in case anybody thinks I acquired it illegally, a grayscale .pdf was provided to me as reference when I was considering contributing to a cartography suite which included Belynar. I later declined the opportunity to contribute to the product due to a scheduling conflict. I've been trying to lay my hands on a dead-tree copy for years and have never seen one on a shelf. Once one comes available, I'll happy get out my wallet.

>>ReaperWolf
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:11:08 AM by ReaperWolf »

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
It looks like Noble Knight has some copies, which should include the maps, although you might want to email first to be sure:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp_Q_ProductID_E_2147361964_A_InventoryID_E_2147703625_A_awid_E_139
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
When Mjolnir was selling Cyradon, the PDF of the book also contained a PDF of the maps as well.

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
I've purchased the Cyradon book with map from Noble Knight Games.

Huzzah!

The only downside is the map of Anias and Mithra aren't in color. I'd pay $15.00 - $25.00 for a nice poster-sized full-color map of these locales.

>>ReaperWolf