Author Topic: ERA for RMFRP swapping character files  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA for RMFRP swapping character files
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
Is there a method for people to exchange character files?

I am the GM for our RM group, and to prevent the need to take forever for each player (7 of them) to sit at my laptop to create (or level up) their character, some of the players are thinking of getting copies of ERA for themselves, so they can have their character ready to go.

Is there a mechanism we can use that will allow a player to either e-mail me their character file or put it on a thumb drive so that I as GM can review them and keep their characters along with my campaign files?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for RMFRP swapping character files
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 07:25:18 PM »
Yes, there is!
The player, after creating the character, must press the Save-File button on the upper bar in the character sheet module.
This will download the file with the browser.

The player should get this file (most browsers will send it to the Downloads folder), and send it to the GM.

The GM should open the character sheet module, click on the Load-File button, then choose the character received.
Then, the GM must press the Save-Server button (the one next to the Save File button).
That will add the character to the application database.
From then on, the character will be available in the adventuring module.

It may be obvious, but: both GM and player should have the same add-on packages installed.
If the player were to choose a race, profession, etc, not available in the GM installation, it will fail to load.

Let me know if that worked for your group. And thanks for the question!

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for RMFRP swapping character files
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »
Many thanks for the explanation.