Author Topic: AutoHARP architect Qs  (Read 2715 times)

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
AutoHARP architect Qs
« on: January 08, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »
Hey!

I just started using this software, making some training packages for my settings.

I noticed a skill under the Outdoor skill category that I can't find anywhere in the books: Orienteering.

How would this differ from Navigation?
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHARP architect Qs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:51:26 AM »
I'm running win 10, which may be the reason for the problems I'm having, but Architect in particular, but also the combat tracker (and sometimes autoharp character creator) keeps crashing. Next time I'll see if I can provide the error report(s) and paste them below.

In architect it usually happens if I have more than one book open. Also when I try to copy between books - which I believe the copy database function is supposed to do - nothing happens, and after two-three attempts, or clicks between books, to manually copy information, it crashes. Runs into an error that windows tries to, but cannot fix.

Additionally, when I'm making a new book I can't find it in explorer or AutoHARP character creator, but it appears in architect. I cannot add or access the books in AutoHARP either. I have all programs installed in the same folder, all databases created and saved to the program files(x86)/Autoharp/Harp Database/ folder. I have also tried to add a new system in AutoHARP character creator.

I'm trying to make two books of my own, for use with my two different settings - mainly new training packages and such.

Will there be an AutoHARP for the creation of NPC and/or Monsters? For quick write ups. Or is this already a part of AutoHARP Fantasy?

They're also very slow programs I find, particularly AutoHARP and Combat Tracker - there may be a completely reasonable explanation for that and I'm not complaining, just observing. It may of course be something on my end, but my laptop isn't that old, nor is my desktop PC.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »
Hey!

I just started using this software, making some training packages for my settings.

I noticed a skill under the Outdoor skill category that I can't find anywhere in the books: Orienteering.

How would this differ from Navigation?

that's a good question. I'll have to look into why Orienteering is in there if it is not in any of the books. It may an archetype of past testing. 

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
I'm running win 10, which may be the reason for the problems I'm having, but Architect in particular, but also the combat tracker (and sometimes autoharp character creator) keeps crashing. Next time I'll see if I can provide the error report(s) and paste them below.

In architect it usually happens if I have more than one book open. Also when I try to copy between books - which I believe the copy database function is supposed to do - nothing happens, and after two-three attempts, or clicks between books, to manually copy information, it crashes. Runs into an error that windows tries to, but cannot fix.

Additionally, when I'm making a new book I can't find it in explorer or AutoHARP character creator, but it appears in architect. I cannot add or access the books in AutoHARP either. I have all programs installed in the same folder, all databases created and saved to the program files(x86)/Autoharp/Harp Database/ folder. I have also tried to add a new system in AutoHARP character creator.

I'm trying to make two books of my own, for use with my two different settings - mainly new training packages and such.

Will there be an AutoHARP for the creation of NPC and/or Monsters? For quick write ups. Or is this already a part of AutoHARP Fantasy?

They're also very slow programs I find, particularly AutoHARP and Combat Tracker - there may be a completely reasonable explanation for that and I'm not complaining, just observing. It may of course be something on my end, but my laptop isn't that old, nor is my desktop PC.

Hmm... That's not good. I just aquired Win 10 so I will look into crashing and everything. I was able to run a few test run throughs with 10. It didn't seem slow for me but I am running it on a Mac 8GB 2.7 i7 Intel processor with a flash HDD. That might have a lot to do with things. I'll run through it and see what I can find. Thanks for the input.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
My desktop is a Win 10, 16 GB ram and i7 intel processor.

The laptop is 8 GB and an i5...

Both run SSDs.

I'll try to stress test and document what I do, to see if I can provide information.

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
My desktop is a Win 10, 16 GB ram and i7 intel processor.

The laptop is 8 GB and an i5...

Both run SSDs.

I'll try to stress test and document what I do, to see if I can provide information.

Another thing that occurred to me is I'm assuming this is Architect that is slow. From what I gathered the initial opening a book is going to be somewhat slow. It is reading a huge amount of data. Saving might be a tad slow as well but it shouldn't be all that noticable. As for the rest of the application, it should be fast. One thing I do is save everytime you select a new section of a book. That could be where you are seeing a slow down. I save here just in case the application does crash. I programmed Architect to save frequently so that work is never lost due to a crash. That could have something do to with it. However I don't remember it being so slow as to be annoying slow. Let me get compiled here on the Mac side of things and I will check out the experience. It's been about a year since I have done work with these programs. ;)