Author Topic: What are some of the best villains you have used in your campaign?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Dragonking11

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What are some of the best villains you have used in your campaign?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »
I had once an epic story schemed out with a demon lord pulling the strings and using corrupted summoners to do his biddings

For a couple sessions, my players followed the track of one of them and finally were able to find and slay him easily ( lucky #%*+#£<>)

I remember my players saying: "all the trouble for that wimp"

I doesn't need to say I remembered that comment when planning my next big encounter. Unfortunately that group got dismantled soon after and I could never finish the story

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What are some of the best villains you have used in your campaign?
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
My players are still in the early stages of the campaign. So they haven't met the BBEG yet. Just his minions.

When they do meet him it will not be easy. He is an evil cleric (access to evil spell lists). Spell lists are Summons, Necromancy, Dark Channels and other TBD. Typical attack will be as follows:
- minion fighter/s defend from physical attack
- one minion cleric protect and heal
- another minion cleric insta-cast Summmons
- minion animist insta-cast "Animal Tongues" onto BBEG. So he doesn't need to concentrate on summoned animals. Next round maybe another "Animal Tongues" onto other summoning cleric or summon animals (or plant growth) with back up healing
- BBEG (lvl 16) insta-cast "Summons X" in Rd 1, then "Demonic Gate" in Rd 2 (since he doesn't need to concentrate on the summoned animals (Animal Tongues)

Remember all the trouble you have when fighting wolves (and other animals). Well, he can insta-summon and control 3-4 wolves or 2 lions or a large bear (or similiar). Summon them to appear directly behind the enemy casters so they get rear attack for the first round...

... and then gate in a Type I Demon...

... and then the fight will get serious!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien