Author Topic: O.I.C. Logo  (Read 8629 times)

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: O.I.C. Logo
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
That is awesome looking.  You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

That logo isn't used anymore and they've changed the size of the cans anyways.  Rather than using a simple round number for the new can they've decided on 23.5 fluid ounces (US) which conviniently tranlsates to 694.97794473 milliliters. 

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
I'm glad you liked it - if you want any alts (or the Photoshop file) just let me know.  ;D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
Hey anyone know where can I get a hi-res version of the logo?

the logo was done as a web graphic but could be easily scaled up.

the question is...is OIC dead? or do people still care?

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:19 AM »
I cared enough to put the logo in my avatar (though I seem to recall craggles might have helped too ;D).

Seriously though, I realise ICE is a smaller company now but there is going to be no local interest at the FLGS's until a new edition of RM comes out.  I love this game but, regardless of quality, it's too old for most stores to bother with (even with the RMC rehash).  There's just too much of an rpg glut right now for a game made over 10 years ago by a company that many gamers still think is OOB to succeed regularly at the local stores.

Also, I couldn't find a post stating any specific goals about OIC (other than promoting the game locally) and I'm too new to the forums to understand what the past arguements and "water-under-the-bridge" items are.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
I care about Rolemaster although I'm not sure what the goals of OIC are either.

I've managed to spread the joy of Rolemaster through various extended family members and they love it so hopefully they'll also pass it on to their friends and so on. Fortunately, they're in a somewhat more central location in the UK than myself so hopefully they'll be asking some questions of their local game shops.

In the west most tip of Wales there's not a whole lot of gaming shops (like zero) but if there was, I'd be pestering them to get in some Rolemaster products!

As a product, it does look to be somewhat dated. I've mentioned my disappointment regarding the interior illustrations of the RMFRP books in the past (which were simply re-hashed from RM2) but that was before I got my hands on some of the more recent stuff (Races & Cultures & Combat Companion) which improve things dramatically although they're still in b&w.

I've not played a whole variety of RPG myself but what I have played has come up short compared to Rolemaster. All other RPGs I've played though have been full colour throughout - it seems to be what gets it picked up off the shelves in the first place. It doesn't matter just how good the product actually is, if it's not being picked up off the shelves in the first place, then it's just not going to be played.

Like I said, I'm in the west most tip of Wales and it's been probably over 20 years since I've been in an actual games shop so I can't say how all the RPGs compare visually on the shelf - I can only comment on the ones I've played with other people.
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »
It's great to hear to new members who care enough to perhaps get things moving again.

perhaps if the goals aren't laid out well, you could between you look at new goals, new ideas and a new structure.

I'm not a big part of these forums these days, as I have a forum that keeps me very busy, however I can dig out and send you my original artworks, if I can find them, just PM me your email.

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline OmegaRogue

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »
the question is...is OIC dead? or do people still care?

as one that is not 'always prominently there', I think the 'lack of activity' is not always a sign of 'absolute death' and based on what I have recently found out about (GCP picking up the product lines more or less), it appears that the OIC as with ICE is really a PHOENIX about to rise from the ashes again :D

I like those Jolt logos ... you guys did an awesome job ...
AKA D.G.
LOTRO - ICE(RMSS/SMSS/HARP) - GW - what else do ya need?

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »
I like those Jolt logos ... you guys did an awesome job ...

I agree!

Is there any way to have the same "treatment" to my avatar (with the OIC logo)? :D
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »
We're actually going to be releasing a new OIC logo... but no reason you can't update your avatar that way.  I forget who it was that did those updates in the past - probably Ictus.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com