Author Topic: LFP 3-5 +8GMT - Online RMC One-shot then campaign  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
LFP 3-5 +8GMT - Online RMC One-shot then campaign
« on: March 03, 2017, 05:55:21 AM »
Looking to start an online one-shot (3-4 episodes). Then a longer campaign. Will be using Fantasy Grounds as the VTT. I have Ultimate licence, so players only need the free version.

Time Zone: +8 GMT (WST)
Day of week and time: Evenings, day to be decided (based on player feedback)
Planned start date: Will take a couple of weeks to get organised. Aiming for start in April.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week.
Term: Initially a one shot (maybe 3-4 episodes) to gauge the player/GM dynamic. Then a longer campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak server (headset required)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: No current players (new game). 3-5 players required.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at 1st Level and basic equipment (isn't that half the fun?)
Character restrictions: The characters used for the one-shot will NOT be the characters for the longer campaign. Mostly "good" characters but no restriction on class. No elves... <- campaign spoiler clue!

Details of your scenario: Initially a one-shot. Will give me a chance to see how the players go... and a chance for me to level up my FG skills. Then a (mixture of low and high fantasy) long term campaign.

Me: Long time player of many RPG's. Have DM'ed mainly AD&D, but always loved RM as a player. No experience with FG (so expect a learning curve there!).

You: Don't take it personally, but I'd prefer mature players. No munchkin min-maxers. Must be willing to commit to the regular timeslot (when it's decided). If you could detail your experience (FG and RM) that will help.

The aim is to have fun in the RMC world.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: LFP 3-5 +8GMT - Online RMC One-shot then campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:40 PM »
Looks like it might end up being Sunday nights for me. Prob something like

WST (GMT +8): Sunday 1900-2200
GMT(GMT +0): Sunday 1100-1400
EST (GMT -5): Sunday 0600-0900

This might make it timezone friendly for any Euro people. Or early Sunday morning in the USA.

Feedback?
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien